Cyber and Data Litigation
Allen & Overy’s expert team handles a wide range of litigation relating to cyber and data security, with particular experience in cross-border cases.
Working with our first rate regulatory specialists, we handle reporting, enforcement and prosecution, including cases involving cyber and data security breaches.
Our global team includes consultant David Smith, former Deputy Information Commissioner at the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
A&O’s clients in this area include national and international businesses, ranging from telecommunications companies to the world’s largest financial institutions. Our work covers diverse issues including:
- representing clients in follow-on litigation related to data breaches
- advising on options for criminal and civil actions against hackers
- financial crime risks in relation to the payment of ransoms (including money laundering, terrorism financing and economic sanctions)
- use of injunctions
- liaison with regulators
- employee theft
- class actions
- data misuse by third parties
- anti-terrorism issues
- denial-of-service and distributed denial-of-service attacks
- third-party disclosure applications
Working with them is delightful. They are highly professional, deliver immaculate client service and have a deep knowledge of data protection technicalities.
Chambers Global 2019, Data Protection