Corporate and M&A
Operating in more than 30 countries – and at the forefront of our industry – Allen & Overy is one of the world’s leading corporate advisers.
Working alongside some of the world’s most successful companies, commercial and investment banks and private equity firms, the corporate work we do breaks new ground and sets precedents.
Our clients know us as an ambitious, creative and enterprising team of individuals who think differently and embrace the most complex and cutting-edge commercial ventures.
We find innovative new ways to deliver our services and exceed expectations: on public takeovers, private M&A, equity capital markets, private equity, joint ventures and commercial partnerships, disposals and corporate restructurings.
Combined with our transactional expertise, we also cover the full range of specialist areas including antitrust and competition, commercial, employment and benefits, environmental, intellectual property, tax and corporate governance.
Moreover, we work hand-in-hand with banking and finance, capital markets and litigation teams to cover the full spectrum of business law advice and ensure a level of service and quality of advice that very few other firms can match on a global scale.
Driven by our clients’ needs, we combine U.S., English and local law expertise within one single, integrated firm as well as the broadest network of any of the leading global elite law firms, with more than 40 offices worldwide. Our global insights, local depth and creative thinking assist us to get deals done and find solutions in complex cases.
- 21st Century Fox on its proposed USD71bn acquisition by The Walt Disney Company.
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank PJSC on its multi-billion dollar three-way merger with Union National Bank PJSC and Al Hilal Bank.
- Blackstone on its EUR1bn acquisition of a majority stake in Luminor Bank from Nordea and DNB.
- BMW Group on its EUR3bn transaction to acquire control of its JV with Brilliance China Automotive.
- China Resources as the significant majority stakeholder in a consortium with Macquarie Capital, on the proposed acquisition of up to 74% of GenesisCare from KKR and existing management and associated shareholder arrangements.
- Pentair on the international aspects of the USD3.15bn sale of its Valves & Controls division to Emerson Electric Co. To date, the transaction has involved 27 A&O offices in 24 jurisdictions.
- Qualcomm on its USD47bn acquisition of NXP Semiconductors through a tender offer on all issued and outstanding shares.
- Virgin Money on its GBP4.4bn merger with CYBG.
News & insights
News: 23 OCTOBER 2019
Allen & Overy represented EG Group in connection with its acquisition of Cumberland Farms, which operates approximately 600 convenience retail stores and fuel stations across the U.S.Read more
Publications: 09 OCTOBER 2019
With rapid increases in data generating and data driven technologies, data ethics is a topic that is gaining prominence among consumers, companies, regulators and investors. Data protection senior associate Karishma Brahmbhatt discusses how to create the right data culture and why it is important for companies to do so.Read more
Publications: 04 OCTOBER 2019
A&O has marked the end of Q3 2019 with an outstanding performance in the M&A league tables; the result of advising on a number of complex, high-value transactions in a wide range of sectors and markets, around our global network in 2019.Read more
Publications: 04 SEPTEMBER 2019
Corporate venturing, whereby companies make minority investments typically in start-ups and scale-ups, is becoming an increasingly popular tool among organisations looking to boost innovation and accelerate digital transformation. Corporate partner William Samengo-Turner discusses the role and value of corporate venturing and the issues that investors should consider.Read more
Competency, knowledge, global reach and sound, engaging approach.
Chambers Global 2018 (Corporate/M&A)
The obvious key strengths are the outstanding intra-firm co-operation among several offices, quality of personnel and the seamless support.
Chambers Global 2019 (Corporate/M&A)
Global M&A outlook - Fortune favours the brave
The global M&A market has undoubtedly become a more nervous place in 2019 and dealmakers have to confront a range of increasingly complex governance issues to complete transactions.
- M&A Law Firm of the Year, IFLR Asia Awards 2019
- M&A Deal of the Year: Diageo’s partial tender offer for Swellfun, IFLR Asia Awards 2019
- M&A Deal of the Year: Diageo’s acquisition of Shuijingfang, China Law & Practice (CLP) Awards 2019
- Debt and equity-linked Deal of the Year, IFLR Middle East Awards 2019
- Global Elite – ranked third out of the top 25 global law firms for antitrust/competition, Global Competition Review 2019
- Best M&A Deal, FinanceAsia Achievement Awards 2018
- Best IPO, FinanceAsia Achievement Awards 2018
- European Mid-Market M&A Adviser of the Year, Mergermarket Awards 2018
- Equity Team of the Year, IFLR Middle East Awards 2018
- Equity Deal of the Year: ADNOC Distribution IPO, IFLR Middle East Awards 2018
- M&A Deal of the Year: KCA Deutag/Dalma Energy combination, IFLR Middle East Awards 2018