Allen & Overy boasts deep experience of advising alternative lenders and investment fund managers on a broad range of litigation.
Our litigators around the world take a practical and commercial approach to resolving disputes as efficiently and effectively as possible, working for funds on disputes involving acquisitions and sales, commercial contracts, mis-selling and insolvency.
Examples of our fund litigation work include advising:
- Over 30 international investors (including many private equity funds) in ten different claims under the Energy Charter Treaty against the Kingdom of Spain, relating to investments in renewable energy plants in Spain.
- A major international hedge fund in relation to the theft of highly valuable information and trading strategies by a former UK employee. The case involves civil and criminal proceedings and injunctions in a number of jurisdictions including England, Hong Kong and the U.S.
- A global private equity fund in relation to a EUR350m claim against it concerning the amount of additional consideration payable following the acquisition and subsequent disposal of a major brewing business.
Explore our services
- Cyber and Data Litigation
- Financial Services and Securities Litigation
- Fraud and Asset Tracing Litigation
News and insights
Publications: 31 March 2023
Credit defaults: practical tips when pressing the accelerator
In this article, experts from our Restructuring and Litigation groups consider the practical steps and considerations when a creditor is faced with a potential event of default under their contracts.…
Publications: 17 March 2023
States have unlimited capacity: Law Debenture v Ukraine
Foreign states formally recognised by the UK government have unlimited capacity, the UK Supreme Court has confirmed, in a significant decision in long running litigation between a trustee for…
Publications: 13 March 2023
The Netherlands joins the U.S. in restricting semiconductor exports to China
In January 2023, the Netherlands and Japan agreed with the United States to impose controls on the export of certain semiconductors and related products to China. This followed a push by the Biden…
Publications: 08 March 2023
The Pensions Gender Gap: what it is and how to fix it
Did you know that the Pensions Gender Gap is estimated to be twice the size of the Gender Pay Gap?