Our social impact work
We work on a wide variety of social impact and community investment projects, with the main areas of focus being access to justice, social finance, education and employment. This work supports our responsibility to help build a fair and equitable society, as well as our commitment to our people, culture, clients and the wider legal sector.
We do this by:
- giving free legal advice (also known as pro bono advice)
- supporting community projects
- funding the work of charitable organisations
- working with clients to maximise their positive social impact
- leveraging our global social impact expertise to advise investors, wholesalers, intermediaries, foundations and impact-driven organisations.
Find out more about:
News and insights
Publications: 30 November 2023
In 2017 Allen & Overy launched the first ReStart programme to support over 50s on their journey back to employment. By 2023, seven programmes later, nearly 200 participants who had been unemployed for…
Publications: 25 October 2023
Every year, we provide work experience for students from lower socio-economic backgrounds. Smart Start is more than just a week of support as participants are offered mentoring, tutoring and, for…
Publications: 23 October 2023
Thirteen charities delivering projects across Northern Ireland have been successful in securing funding from the Allen & Overy Foundation.
Publications: 08 September 2023
Our Global Charity Partnership with Street Child has ended – but our impact hasn’t. With GBP2.6m of support provided, including GBP1.5m of funding, our contributions are helping the charity to…