Website accessibility statement
At Allen & Overy, we are committed to providing an accessible website that conforms to Level A, or higher, of the W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1. We strive to ensure equal access to information and services for all user groups, including those with disabilities.
We have implemented the following accessibility features on our website to enhance usability for disabled individuals:
- Navigation shortcuts: Each page begins with a concise menu that allows you to jump directly to the main content. Sighted users navigating with the keyboard will see these links appear on screen when using the Tab key. All pages include a link to the Homepage, a search box, a consistent top level navigation, and a link to the sitemap.
- Structured, semantic markup: HTML heading tags (H1, H2) are used to convey the document structure, with H1 for main titles and H2 for subtitles.
- Alternative text for images: Most content images on our site include alternative descriptions. Decorative graphics have empty alternative descriptions. We regularly identify and update older images which may not have alternative descriptions in place.
- Font sizes: You can adjust the font size of our website according to your preference through your browser settings. Ctrl and + or – is a standard toggle for most browsers.
- Screen resolution: The website is designed to be viewed on a wide range of devices and at different screen resolutions.
We regularly use tools to scan our site for accessibility issues and opportunities, and make accessibility a core part of our website maintenance and improvement schedule.
Although we aim to provide full accessibility to all content on our website, some older pages may not meet all the outlined standards. Additionally, due to restrictions in our Content Management System, the nesting of heading levels may not be correct. Older PDF documents may not be readily accessible to screen readers. Furthermore, third-party content linked from our website may have varying levels of accessibility.
Questions and feedback
If you have any questions, feedback, or encounter difficulties while using our website, please contact us. We value your input and are committed to addressing any accessibility concerns promptly.
For further information on accessibility guidelines and techniques, please refer to the following resources:
RNIB's computer accessibility guidance: For Mac OS and Windows.
JAWS: Screen reader software for Windows.
Allen & Overy is dedicated to ensuring an inclusive online experience, and we appreciate your support in our ongoing efforts to improve accessibility for all users.