Since entering the Czech Republic in 1992 we have established ourselves as a leading provider of legal services in the Czech Republic.
Our strength is our lawyers’ combined international experience and in-depth knowledge of the Czech legal and regulatory environment.
The integration of the Prague office into the Allen & Overy international network of offices ensures a comprehensive sharing of knowledge, processes, skills and IT systems. The office offers a full suite of corporate, finance (debt and equity), tax and litigation services.
As a global elite practice, Allen & Overy is at the cutting edge of international legal and commercial insight. Our teams often advise on market developments and ‘firsts’ around the world.
We are committed to offering the expertise of our international knowledge platform and impressive global office network to our clients in the Czech market.
View a selection of key cases and deals in the Czech Republic
News & insights
News: 22 MARCH 2020
Allen & Overy announced that it represented J.P. Morgan, HSBC, Société Générale, UniCredit, Erste Group, and J&T BANKA as initial purchasers on the issuance of EUR300mn 3.875% Senior Notes due 2027 by SAZKA Group. The transaction followed a successful entry by SAZKA Group of international capital markets in November 2019, when the company issued its first high yield bond worth EUR300mn, bearing a fixed coupon of 4.125% due in 2024.Read more
Publications: 25 SEPTEMBER 2019
A more detailed version of this article was first published in the Journal of Intellectual Property Law and Practice (Volume 14, Issue 10, pages 754-760)on 20 September 2019 and can be found here.Read more
Publications: 17 APRIL 2019
The Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) will have a major impact on the asset management sector as it regulates alternative investment fund managers who market or manage funds in Europe targeted at professional investors. With the rapid growth in alternative investment funds focussed on a wider range of asset classes the AIFMD heralds increased regulatory scrutiny on the sector.Read more
Publications: 29 NOVEMBER 2018
Although a secured creditor has an equitable duty to perfect its security, there is no “absolute” duty on a creditor to preserve or maintain the security for the benefit of a guarantor. A creditor may however be required to take non-onerous steps to preserve or maintain third party security for the benefit of a guarantor. There was also no implied contractual duty on the creditor to take further steps to protect the security. The borrower and guarantor were liable to repay the loan, despite the fact that the third party security for the loan had been distributed to alleged fraudsters in a Czech insolvency rather than preserved for the secured creditor. The dispute reinforces the importance of market standard clauses aimed at avoiding arguments as to what steps a secured creditor must take to protect its security: General Mediterranean Holding SA.SPF (aka General Mediterranean Holding SA) v Qucomhaps Holdings Ltd, William James Harkin (& anrRead more
Awards & accolades
- Czech Law Firm of the Year - IFLR European Awards 2013, 2017 and 2019
- "The team offers a level of service and experience that very few law firms can match, covering multiple practice areas and jurisdictions. What impresses me the most is that a single relationship contact at Allen & Overy ensures that you as a client receive complete clarity and a smooth service from all parts of the firm." Chambers 2018 (Band 1, Corporate / M&A: Czech Republic)
- "Allen & Overy 's lawyers are 'highly professional, creative and innovative, delivering high-quality services tailored to clients' needs'.“ The Legal 500 2018 (Band 1, Central & Eastern Europe)
- ‘The firm is widely perceived as a "leader in banking, capital markets and derivatives," and the lawyers attract acclaim due to being "able to give reasons and explain their proposals, and they are experienced negotiators against the supervisory and regulatory authorities in the financial sector." Chambers 2018 (Band 1, Banking & Finance: Czech Republic)
- Most Attractive Employer for Law students in the Czech Republic for the past three years - Universum Awards 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Most innovative Law Firm in Europe – Winner FT Innovative Lawyers 2007, 2011, 2012 and 2014, 2017 and 2018
Allen & Overy 's lawyers are 'highly professional, creative and innovative, delivering high-quality services tailored to clients' needs'.
The Legal 500 2018 (Band 1, Central & Eastern Europe)
The firm is widely perceived as a 'leader in banking, capital markets and derivatives.'
Chambers 2018 (Band 1, Banking & Finance: Czech Republic)
The team offers a level of service and experience that very few law firms can match, covering multiple practice areas and jurisdictions. What impresses me the most is that a single relationship contact at Allen & Overy ensures that you as a client receive complete clarity and a smooth service from all parts of the firm.
Chambers 2018 (Band 1, Corporate / M&A: Czech Republic)
Allen & Overy (Czech Republic) LLP, organizační složka
V Celnici 4
- View office