Competition and Antitrust Litigation
Allen & Overy’s highly experienced competition and antitrust team combines litigation and trial expertise with strategic advice to allow clients to pursue or defend claims successfully before regulators and courts in Europe, the U.S. and around the globe.
A&O’s global team of antitrust enforcement experts includes former U.S. prosecutors (including in the United States Federal Trade Commission), judicial law clerks from the U.S. courts, judicial assistants at the European Court of Justice and law professors, alongside highly experienced lawyers and litigators. Our team represents clients in the highest profile matters globally, including Cartel, monopolization, and abuse of dominance, and is expert in the key procedural issues including class certification, pretrial procedures, and trying cases.
We advise clients across a range of sectors, including financial services, media and technology, consumer and retail, on:
- the fallout from adverse decisions by and results from European, U.S. and national competition authorities concerning breaches of competition law, including appeals of infringement decisions
- multijurisdictional litigation strategies and coordination, including pre-litigation
- the themes and factual development necessary to win any liability claim
- the complex procedural mechanisms in U.S, class actions and private actions for damages, including class certification and damages analysis,
- trial of antitrust competition law claims
- appeals and judicial reviews, including reviews of decisions by regulatory authorities
News & insights
News: 22 SEPTEMBER 2021
Allen & Overy has advised Hamburger Hafen und Logistik AG (HHLA) in connection with the strategic investment by COSCO Shipping Ports Limited (CSPL) in HHLA Container Terminal Tollerort (CTT).Read more
Publications: 11 MARCH 2021
Lukas Rengier and Fabian Kolf have contributed two chapters to Lexology Getting The Deal Through's 2021 edition of Private Antitrust Litigation. The chapters provide, in a question and answer format,…Read more
Publications: 22 SEPTEMBER 2020
The European Commission’s evaluation of the Vertical Block Exemption Regulation and the Vertical Guidelines has shown that, whilst these tools continue to serve a useful purpose, there is room for…Read more
Publications: 24 OCTOBER 2019
On September 20, 2019, the Supreme Court of Canada (“SCC”) issued a landmark antitrust class action decision in Pioneer Corp. v Godfrey which clarified several procedural questions relating to class…Read more
…regularly represents clients in antitrust litigation, private enforcement cases and disputes concerning standard-essential patents.
Chambers Europe, Europe-wide, 2020
...top-10-level work in mergers, cartels and litigation, as well as some of the best showings in non-cartel conduct matters and other competition work.
Global Competition Review 2019