Fraud and Asset Tracing Litigation
We are one of only a few large, full-service law firms with dedicated expertise in fraud litigation in the U.S., Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Our experts have been involved in some of the largest international fraud cases, including Maxwell, Madoff and KazakhGold.
We act for claimants in corporate fraud and asset tracing claims, obtaining emergency freezing and disclosure orders and conducting and coordinating national and international fraud investigations.
Our lawyers have experience of litigating in the key offshore jurisdictions in which proceeds from fraud are usually held and can act quickly to freeze assets. We provide extensive resources, up-to-date knowledge and a proven ability to handle cross-border work.
Our advice covers:
- banking fraud and corporate fraud
- mortgage fraud and letter of credit fraud
- asset tracing, civil search orders and freezing orders
- private prosecution
- extradition and transfers to avoid creditors and criminal seizure
- offshore trust disputes, trustee charging, removal and retirement of trustees and sham trusts
- disputed settlements and wills disputes
- breach of trust and breach of fiduciary duty
- undue influence, mental capacity and incapacity issues
- partnership disputes, including general partner, limited partnership and limited liability partnership
News and insights
News: 30 November 2023
Allen & Overy today announced that renowned life sciences specialist Dr Anna Wolters-Höhne has joined the firm’s intellectual property litigation practice with effect from 1 December 2023. Anna joins…
Blog Post: 27 November 2023
The latest post in our blog series looking at the UK Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority proposals to improve diversity and inclusion (D&I) in the financial services…
Publications: 07 November 2023
In spring 2023, the UK Government’s Department of Culture, Media and Sport published a white paper on reforming English football club governance. Since then, the Government has consulted with leagues,…
A source characterises the team as a "very polished and well-oiled machine that is able to obtain injunctions and freezing orders with impressive speed.
Chambers UK 2020, Fraud: Civil
Well equipped to run cases with a worldwide scope spanning a number of jurisdictions.
Chambers UK 2018, Fraud: Civil
A&O's blog highlighting the current issues
Focusing on the latest trends, risks and developments in business crime and financial services investigations.