We advise on the environmental and health and safety impacts of bulk and specialty chemicals in various uses and applications and the potential regulatory and liability issues associated with them.
Our multi-jurisdictional chemicals practice group has a strong record of advising a number of leading multinational chemicals companies, as well as downstream users of chemicals across different sectors on sensitive issues surrounding the regulatory/liability risks arising from their products and services.
We have worked extensively on Europe’s REACH regime. This has included advice on:
- registration obligations in complex supply chains
- disclosure of information to regulators and third parties
- analysis of trading operations to determine REACH obligations
- the authorisation powers (and the inclusion of substances on the candidate list) including related legal challenges
- Safety Data Sheets
- REACH audits by regulators
- supply chain terms
We provide advice on developments under the CLP Regulation and track and advise on the development of equivalent global requirements.
Das sagen andere über uns
Allen & Overy are market leaders.
Chambers Europe 2016 (Regulatory: Environment)
The quality of the work is very high and they are able and competent lawyers.
Chambers UK 2016 (Environment)
Global REACH legal services
REACH: How can Allen & Overy assist you?
REACH is one of the most ambitious pieces of legislation to come out of Europe to date and has already had far-reaching and costly implications for all players in the chemical supply chain.