Commercial Intellectual Property
Allen & Overy’s commercial intellectual property team advises clients on the full range of commercial contracts relating to the exploitation of IP rights.
With the ever-growing focus on innovation, protecting and leveraging IP assets is crucial. A&O’s commercial IP lawyers work closely with our M&A and antitrust colleagues to provide coordinated advice on the full range of IP-rich transactions.
We advise on complex cross-border collaborations, joint ventures and strategic licensing deals involving parties all over the world.
Our experience spans the most complex transactions and includes:
- Licensing, joint ventures and collaborations
- Sales and other forms of disposal of IP rights, including warranty protection
- IP due diligence and verification, including related agreements
- Antitrust risks in licensing, joint venture and non-compete arrangements, including related to the settlement of patent disputes
- Procedures and negotiations of arrangements for parties seeking to exit, or in the event of insolvency or bankruptcy of one party
- Distribution, agency, contract manufacture, supply, sponsorship and other commercial agreements
- IP-backed asset financing and taking security interests over IP assets, including royalty monetisation agreements