Our trade mark specialists support brand owners in developing, protecting and exploiting their brands on every level: from initial trade mark clearance and selection to filing, managing complex international portfolios, and any enforcement and disputes that arise.
Unlike most major law firms, we provide the full spectrum of legal support for brands and trade marks in-house, with a team of trade mark administrators and trade mark attorneys working together with our team of IP lawyers.
Whether managing trade mark portfolios or providing strategic legal support for brand owners across the globe, we have a market-leading practice that covers everything the world's top businesses need:
- Advising on whether specific marks are available for use and registration in territories of interest
- Filing trade mark and design applications worldwide and taking them through to registration, building brand portfolios to maximise clients' IP assets
- Protecting clients' trade mark applications and registrations against third-party attack
- Protecting against infringement by running watch services and advising on strategies to halt infringements
- Developing brand strategies and managing brand portfolios long-term
News & insights
Publications: 11 DECEMBER 2019Read more
Publications: 04 DECEMBER 2019
Global Head of IP David Stone speaks to Lexology Learn about design rights in comparison to other, more common IP rights and why brand owners are becoming much more interested in design rights in the UK.Read more
Publications: 29 NOVEMBER 2019
As more countries liberalise their cannabis policies, there has been a rapid increase in the number of registered IP rights as competitors seek to establish their places in the market.Read more
Publications: 15 NOVEMBER 2019
Following on from the first German anti-anti-suit injunction issued a few weeks ago in the Nokia v. Continental case, the Paris First Instance court did just the same in IPCom v. Lenovo.Read more