April Xiaoyi Xu earned her Juris Doctor degree from Harvard Law School in May 2021. She was a federal law clerk for Judge Michael H. Simon. April was President of the Harvard Asia Law Society and a Salzburg Cutler Fellow in International Law.
- April Xiaoyi Xu. 8/6/2021. “Catch and Contain Novel Pathogens Early!—Assessing U.S. Medical Isolation Laws as Applied to a Future Pandemic Detection and Prevention Model.” The Michigan Journal of Law Reform, 55, 1, Pp. 23-41. Bill of Health (Harvard Law) catch_and_contain_novel_pathogens_earlyassessing_u.s._medical_i.pdf April Xiaoyi Xu. 3/7/2021.
- “Smartphones Out, Bye COVID-19! — Assessing the Possibility of Exporting China's Global Pandemic-Era QR Codes as Health Certificates.” Harvard Journal of Law and Technology, 34. Bill of Health (Harvard Law) jolt_chinas-pandemic-qr-codes.pdf 2020 April Xiaoyi Xu. 12/2020.
- “But What if Big Brother's Surveillance Saves Lives—Comparative Digital Privacy in the Time of Coronavirus.” Creighton Law Review, 54, 1, Pp. 147-72. World Health Organization cre_54-1-xu.pdf April Xiaoyi Xu. 11/27/2020.
- “Applying the Model Penal Code Insanity Defense to Sleepwalking Killers and Psychopaths: Interfacing Neuroscience and Criminal Law.” New Criminal Law Review, 23, 4, Pp. 471-515. nclr2304_03_xu.pdf April Xiaoyi Xu. 8/2/2020.
- “They Belong with Taylor Swift™: Applying Trademark Law and Textual Analysis to the Branding of Love Song Lyrics.” University of Illinois Law Review, Pp. 139-51. xu.pdf April Xiaoyi Xu.
- 7/29/2020. “When Judges Compete on a Lawless Terrain: Possible Futures for Clerkship Hiring .” Harvard Law and Policy Review.