Allen & Overy lawyers from across Europe recognised as rising stars
Frankfurt am Main
Shanthi Maria Vignasen
Dr Lukas Rengier
22 February 2021
Allen & Overy topped the list of firms with rising star lawyers at the Rising Stars Europe Awards 2020.
The awards recognise future legal leaders from across the continent and winners across 25 practice areas were announced at a virtual ceremony on 18 February.
Judges gave particular credit to A&O for the way it nurtures its legal talent, with lawyers from across the firm’s practices picking up a total of 10 awards:
- Nikki Johnstone, senior associate in London – Rising Star, Banking and Finance
- Nick Charlwood, counsel in London – Rising Star, Restructuring and Insolvency
- Lukas Rengier, senior associate in Hamburg – Rising Star, Competition and Antitrust
- Laurie-Anne Ancenys, counsel in Paris – Rising Star, Technology, Media and Communications
International Capital Markets (ICM)
- Soline Louvigny, counsel in Paris – Rising Star, Capital Markets (Debt and Equity)
- Shanthi Maria Vignasen, counsel in London – Rising Star, Structured Finance and Securitisation
- Anna Masser, partner in Frankfurt – Rising Star, Commercial Arbitration and Rising Star in Germany
- Isabelle Panis, counsel in Brussels – Rising Star, Tax and Rising Star in Belgium
Winners were judged on their professional accomplishments, advocacy and influence within their specialism between 1 January and 31 December 2020.