Allen & Overy offers a global legal service that provides advice on satellite financing, satellite regulation and satellite insurance, as well as corporate and commercial issues.
Our international training and integrated know-how ensures the effective management of international advice for satellite projects.
- satellite financings and insurance arrangements
- satellite construction and launch service contracts
- transponder leases and commercial service agreements
- corporate reorganisations, IPOs, acquisitions and disposals in the satellite industry
- national and international regulation, including broadcast regulation
- research and development projects, including those involving the European Space Agency
We also have a thorough understanding of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) regulatory framework, and the Outer Space Treaties.
News & insights
Publications: 13 JANUARY 2020
The European Commission led by Ursula von der Leyen took office on 1 December 2019, following changes required as a result of the European Parliament rejecting three of the candidate Commissioners originally put forward.Read more
Publications: 16 DECEMBER 2019
As the new directive on whistleblowers must be transposed at the latest by 17 December 2021, employers should start thinking about how to implement their future obligations.Read more
News: 05 NOVEMBER 2019
Allen & Overy has advised arrangers on the EUR1.150 billion financing of the CME acquisition by PPF Group N.V. The facilities have been fully underwritten by BNP Paribas, Crédit Agricole CIB, Credit Suisse, HSBC, Société Générale and UniCredit acting as Underwriters, Mandated Lead Arrangers and Bookrunners. Société Générale and Komerční banka are acting as facility agent and security agent, respectively.Read more
Publications: 20 AUGUST 2018Read more