Allen & Overy offers a global legal service that provides advice on satellite financing, satellite regulation and satellite insurance, as well as corporate and commercial issues.
Our international training and integrated know-how ensures the effective management of international advice for satellite projects.
- satellite financings and insurance arrangements
- satellite construction and launch service contracts
- transponder leases and commercial service agreements
- corporate reorganisations, IPOs, acquisitions and disposals in the satellite industry
- national and international regulation, including broadcast regulation
- research and development projects, including those involving the European Space Agency
We also have a thorough understanding of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) regulatory framework, and the Outer Space Treaties.
News & insights
News: 16 JUNE 2021
Allen & Overy is advising American Tower Corporation (American Tower) on the acquisition of a 10% stake in ATC Europe, American Tower’s European platform, by Allianz Capital Partners, on behalf of…Read more
Publications: 08 JUNE 2021
The risk of annulment is different for arbitrations seated in Germany, England and France. Just ask Google. Whatever the question, our first port of call is to check the internet. But are arbitrators…Read more
News: 07 JUNE 2021
Allen & Overy has advised Checkout.com on its investment in fintech firm Tamara, based in Saudi Arabia. The transaction is the largest M&A transaction undertaken by Checkout.com to date.Read more
News: 04 JUNE 2021
Allen & Overy advised the leading global investment group Eurazeo in the context of an agreement with Advent International for the sale of its stake in integrated payments leader, Planet, worth EUR1.8…Read more