Allen & Overy offers a global legal service that provides advice on satellite financing, satellite regulation and satellite insurance, as well as corporate and commercial issues.
Our international training and integrated know-how ensures the effective management of international advice for satellite projects.
- satellite financings and insurance arrangements
- satellite construction and launch service contracts
- transponder leases and commercial service agreements
- corporate reorganisations, IPOs, acquisitions and disposals in the satellite industry
- national and international regulation, including broadcast regulation
- research and development projects, including those involving the European Space Agency
We also have a thorough understanding of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) regulatory framework, and the Outer Space Treaties.
News & insights
Publications: 01 APRIL 2020
The Netherlands Authority for Consumers and Markets (ACM)’s Wholesale Fixed Access decision in the telecoms sector is the first Dutch market analysis based on a theory of joint dominance. The highest Dutch court for these matters has now found that the ACM committed fundamental errors in applying this theory and has annulled the decision in its entirety. As a result, KPN and VodafoneZiggo are no longer required to grant access to their fixed networks.Read more
News: 27 MARCH 2020
Allen & Overy has advised One Peak on its investment in DataGuard, a leading European provider of privacy, compliance and IT security services.Read more
Publications: 16 MARCH 2020
On 6 March 2020, the European Commission (Commission) cleared the acquisition of joint control over Infrastructure Wireless Italiane (INWIT) by the two largest Italian telcos, Telecom Italia (TIM) and Vodafone, which will combine Vodafone’s nationwide tower infrastructure with that of TIM.Read more
Publications: 20 AUGUST 2018Read more