Jeff is a US qualified partner in the London office of Allen & Overy. He advises companies, investment banks and selling security holders on a wide range of international offerings of equity, equity-related and debt securities. He also advises clients on cross border mergers and acquisitions and on-going compliance with U.S. securities regulations.
Jeff has more than 15 years' experience advising clients in both developed and developing markets on complex and innovative multi-jurisdictional securities offerings. He has particular experience in capital market transactions in the financial institutions, energy and natural resources, TMT and industrial and manufacturing sectors.
Recent highlights include advising on the:
- IPOs by Worldpay, ADNOC Distribution, Arion Bank, Virgin Money, Equiniti, NIBC Bank, Shurgard Self Storage, Van Lanschot Kempen, X-Fab, Spire Healthcare, Dis-Chem Pharmacies, OCI NV and Funding Circle SME Income Fund.
- Secondary Offerings by Capita, Sirius Minerals, Hellenic Bank, Equiniti, KPN, Wereldhave, Fagron, Capitec Bank, SBM Offshore, Sweco and Beffimo.
- Spin-offs and demergers by Naspers (of Prosus NV) and by OCI (or Orascom Construction).
- High Yield bond offerings by Kuwait Energy, Vue Cinemas, Iceland, KCAD and Arqiva.
- Accelerated bookbuild offerings relating to Aena, Bank Leumi, OCI, Basic Fit, Logista, Soitec, ASR Nederland, ABN AMRO, Standard Chartered, BNP, Oman Oil, Pennon Group, and Poundland.
Allen & Overy LLP
One Bishops Square
Admitted to the Bar, State of New York, 2003
Registered foreign lawyer, England and Wales, 2015
News & insights
Publications: 28 SEPTEMBER 2020
Luxembourg is about to add the missing piece to its legislative framework to enable the issuance of crypto-securities using decentralised ledger technology (“DLT”).Read more
News: 25 SEPTEMBER 2020
Allen & Overy has advised a syndicate of banks comprising BNP Paribas, Landesbank Baden-Württemberg and UniCredit Bank AG as joint global coordinators and joint bookrunners on the successful placement…Read more
News: 01 JULY 2020
Allen & Overy is advising BNP Paribas and Credit Suisse Securities (Europe) Limited as joint global coordinators and joint bookrunners to easyJet plc on its placing of ordinary shares, raising gross…Read more
Publications: 23 JANUARY 2020
2019 was a challenging year for equity capital markets. Proceeds from IPOs fell by over 25% in the UK, and by more than 30% across Europe. A number of political and economic factors, which contributed…Read more
- European IPOs. Back on track or the end of a good run? PLC Magazine, March 2015
- Developments in SEC Oil and Gas Reserve Disclosure Requirements, International Bar Association, Section on Energy, Environment, Natural Resources and Infrastructure Law (SEERIL) Current Practice, September 2012