How to protect IP as part of a digital transformation strategy
16 April 2020
Digitalisation is transforming businesses at an ever-increasing rate. No matter the sector, technologies like cloud computing, the Internet of Things, AI and Blockchain are enabling streamlining of operations, new distribution channels and better customer insights.
Digital transformation is also creating new strategic imperatives as “digital natives” take market share from traditional industries.
- The importance of IP to a digitalisation strategy;
- The challenges presented by different business models and approaches to digitalisation, including organic growth, collaboration and M&A;
- How to maintain effective controls to ensure protection of IP in a business undergoing digital transformation;
- How to protect specific digital assets with IP rights (e.g. artificial intelligence);
- IP risks inherent in digital business methods and techniques, including digital marketing.