A unified field of competence between the energy and financial sector
As an experienced partner with a comprehensive understanding of finance law, we advise on establishing and expanding energy trading activities for energy supply and delivery companies, brokers and financial institutions.
Our experience covers:
- supply agreements for energy sources
- grid access and connection issues
- permit issues (e.g. German Energy Industry Act (EnWG), German Electricity Tax Act (StromStG), German Banking Act (KWG))
- master agreements (physical and financial supply)
- sector-specific trading contracts (EFET, ISDA, German Master Agreement for Financial Derivatives Transactions, ZBT 2001, NBP 1997, CPMAs, CSAs, etc.)
In addition, we advise on exotic derivative products with energy, emissions and the weather as underlyings.
In the field of emissions trading, we provide comprehensive advice on the project-based Kyoto mechanisms CDM (Clean Development Mechanism) and JI (Joint Implementation). We help you validate emission-reduction measures to obtain emission credits.
News and insights
Publications: 19 October 2022
The EU Emissions Trading System (the EU ETS) is one of the key pillars of the EU’s policy to combat climate change and to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from regulated sectors.
Publications: 28 July 2022
The equity capital markets have faced challenging conditions in H1 2022. European markets cooled, the Middle East boomed.
Publications: 26 May 2022
The new German government has ambitious targets for offshore wind.
Publications: 02 July 2021
Clean hydrogen is a central piece of Europe’s Green Deal goal of reaching climate neutrality.