A unified field of competence between the energy and financial sector
As an experienced partner with a comprehensive understanding of finance law, we advise on establishing and expanding energy trading activities for energy supply and delivery companies, brokers and financial institutions.
Our experience covers:
- supply agreements for energy sources
- grid access and connection issues
- permit issues (e.g. German Energy Industry Act (EnWG), German Electricity Tax Act (StromStG), German Banking Act (KWG))
- master agreements (physical and financial supply)
- sector-specific trading contracts (EFET, ISDA, German Master Agreement for Financial Derivatives Transactions, ZBT 2001, NBP 1997, CPMAs, CSAs, etc.)
In addition, we advise on exotic derivative products with energy, emissions and the weather as underlyings.
In the field of emissions trading, we provide comprehensive advice on the project-based Kyoto mechanisms CDM (Clean Development Mechanism) and JI (Joint Implementation). We help you validate emission-reduction measures to obtain emission credits.
News & insights
Publications: 07 OCTOBER 2021
Faced with surging energy price due to the shock in the offer that is affecting natural gas markets, the Spanish Government has adopted certain temporary measures (from 16 September 2021 to 31 March…Read more
Publications: 02 JULY 2021
Clean hydrogen is a central piece of Europe’s Green Deal goal of reaching climate neutrality.Read more
Publications: 19 JANUARY 2021
On 10 June of 2020, the German Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy released its National Hydrogen Strategy (Nationale Wasserstoffstrategie) (German Hydrogen Strategy) as a part of the Covid-19…Read more
Publications: 24 NOVEMBER 2020
In the third in our series of webinars, members of Allen & Overy’s Global Employment team discussed the significant issues and challenges that employers need to prioritise in relation to managing and…Read more