Since entering the Czech Republic in 1992, we have successfully established ourselves as a leading local provider of the full suite of corporate, finance (debt and equity), tax and litigation services in the Czech Republic.
Our strength is our lawyers’ combined international experience and in-depth knowledge of the Czech legal and regulatory environment.
The integration of the Prague office into the Allen & Overy international network of offices ensures a comprehensive sharing of knowledge, processes, skills and IT systems. The office offers a full suite of corporate, finance (debt and equity), tax and litigation services.
As a global elite practice, Allen & Overy is at the cutting edge of international legal and commercial insight. Our teams often advise on market developments and ‘firsts’ around the world.
We are committed to offering the expertise of our international knowledge platform and impressive global office network to our clients in the Czech market.
View a selection of key cases and deals in the Czech Republic
News and insights
Publications: 12 October 2023
Tax substance is a crucial factor for cross-border investment structures, especially in light of increased scrutiny and transparency from tax authorities and regulators. Are your cross-border…
Publications: 31 July 2023
On 29 July 2023, a significant amendment to the Czech Act on the Protection of Competition (the Competition Act) enters into force. In addition to a very belated (two and a half years!) transposition…
Publications: 13 July 2023
The European Commission put forward a proposal in 2021 to tackle shell entities (known as ATAD 3). Despite widespread support for the concept, reaching agreement on the technical details of the…
Publications: 22 June 2023
The European Commission has released its much anticipated proposal on streamlining withholding tax procedures. The proposal for a Directive on the “Faster and Safer Relief of Excess Withholding Taxes”…
Awards & accolades
- Czech Law Firm of the Year - IFLR European Awards 2013, 2017, 2019 and 2020
- "The team offers a level of service and experience that very few law firms can match, covering multiple practice areas and jurisdictions. What impresses me the most is that a single relationship contact at Allen & Overy ensures that you as a client receive complete clarity and a smooth service from all parts of the firm." Chambers 2018 (Band 1, Corporate / M&A: Czech Republic)
- "Allen & Overy 's lawyers are 'highly professional, creative and innovative, delivering high-quality services tailored to clients' needs'.“ The Legal 500 2018 (Band 1, Central & Eastern Europe)
- ‘The firm is widely perceived as a "leader in banking, capital markets and derivatives," and the lawyers attract acclaim due to being "able to give reasons and explain their proposals, and they are experienced negotiators against the supervisory and regulatory authorities in the financial sector." Chambers 2018 (Band 1, Banking & Finance: Czech Republic)
- Most Attractive Employer for Law students in the Czech Republic for the past three years - Universum Awards 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Most innovative Law Firm in Europe – Winner FT Innovative Lawyers 2007, 2011, 2012 and 2014, 2017 and 2018
Having A&O by our side means that everything will go well and if, from time to time, a problem occurs, there is always someone from the A&O team who is able to solve it in a timely and effective manner.
Chambers 2023 (Czech Republic)
The A&O team is a true business partner. They will provide you not only with a tailor-made solution after a comprehensive analysis of the matter, but they are also proactive in spotting potential risks which might occur and that you have not realised yet.
The Legal 500, 2023
They have truly talented lawyers and an outstanding commitment for the delivery of high quality work.
Chambers 2023 (Central & Eastern Europe)