Max advises international and domestic companies in all areas of corporate law, with a particular focus on private and public M&A, joint ventures, corporate law matters and corporate governance. He has a wide range of experience advising on and coordinating complex cross-border M&A transactions, including auction processes, as well as consortium and shareholder arrangements.
Max specialises in the infrastructure and energy space and regularly advises international clients on the full cycle of infrastructure and energy projects both in Germany and globally. His involvement includes all aspects of the equity structuring, the regulatory framework as well as erection and construction contracts.
Max has been recognised among the "most aspiring lawyers under 40 years of age” by JUVE 2018/2019 (Leading German legal directory).
Other noteworthy experience includes advising:
- Norges Bank Investment Management NBIM on the intended acquisition of a 50% stake in German offshore windfarm Borkum Riffgrund 2 owned by a 50/50 JV of the seller Global Infrastructure Partners and the remaining stakeholder Ørsted (broken deal).
- GeoSea on the acquisition of offshore assets from HOCHTIEF and the subsequent sale of various assets.
- Equitix on its acquisition of a portfolio of PFI/PPP and renewables assets (solar and onshore wind) owned by NIBC in Belgium, France, Germany, Spain and the UK.
- Macquarie Capital on a PPP project relating to the expansion of the fibre network lower Austria through acquisition of a participation in Niederösterreichische Glasfaserinfrastrukturgesellschaft
- Acquisition of Nordsee by Kharis Capital: Advising Kharis Capital on the acquisition of Nordsee.
- M.M. Warburg & CO on the divestment of its asset management and servicing business in Luxembourg to Apex Group Ltd.
- KKR and Borealis Maritime on the acquisition of all shares in Hanseatic Ship Asset Management GmbH.
- TUI AG in connection with the sale of Travelopia to funds controlled by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. (KKR) for an enterprise value of GBP325m. The transaction is still subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals.
- Rickmers Group on the creation of a joint venture with funds affiliated with Apollo Global Management to invest in container ships.
- Walgreens, the largest drug store chain in the U.S., on its acquisition of a USD 6.7bn 45% stake in Alliance Boots.
Allen & Overy LLP
Referendar, Germany, 2007
Assessor, Germany, 2011
Admitted as German Rechtsanwalt, 2011
Aloys Wobben Foundation (AWS), sole shareholder of onshore wind turbine manufacturer ENERCON, on the establishment of a joint venture with energy service provider EWE AG
Advising DEME group on the acquisition, construction and financing of the Merkur offshore wind farm.
Advising Cerberus Capital Management on its EUR1bn acquisition of HSH Nordbank.
Advising Naspers on its EUR387m investment in Delivero Hero and the subsequent IPO of Delivero Hero.
Among the most aspiring lawyers under 40 years of age