Allen & Overy wins International Law Firm of the Year at the IFLR Asia-Pacific Awards 2020
2020 五月 7
The winners were announced on 7 May 2020.
The six awards included:
- International Law Firm of the Year
- Pro Bono Team of the Year
- Restructuring Team of the Year
- Debt and Equity-linked Team of the Year
- Debt and Equity Deal of the Year for Bank of China Macau Branch’s first SOFR-based bond in Asia and first green bonds in Macau
- Rising Star at an International Firm – Viola Jing, counsel in our Asia-Pacific Restructuring & Recovery Group based in Hong Kong
On the pro bono front, initiatives in the Asia Pacific region last year focused on helping to advance diversity and inclusion more broadly through legal representation. The initiatives focused on providing access to justice and employment for those who are discriminated against, due to their status as refugees or their race or sexuality.
Hong Kong managing partner Vicki Liu commented: “We are proud of our efforts to make a real impact in these areas and influence change. One of the most significant pro bono projects the team has worked on from a size, innovation and positive impact perspective is related to the research report entitled ‘The Recognition and Treatment of Relationships under Hong Kong Law’. This report commissioned by the Hong Kong Equal Opportunities Commission is the first and most comprehensive legal research project to examine the effect of Hong Kong laws on relationship equality”.