Mergers & Acquisitions
Recognised for our mix of M&A and corporate financing expertise and for a level of service that very few law firms can match.
We support buyers and sellers at all stages of transactions – from bid preparation and submission to negotiation, sign-off and close. We advise on the full range of deal structures from public takeovers/tender offers through to divestments, auctions, take privates and demergers. Our track record in M&A, expertise and local knowledge ensure that we deliver cost-effective, high quality legal advice. Our close-knit team of lawyers across the world employs a common approach, which means we can handle cross-border deals effectively.
Our sector teams work closely across our network of offices to provide clients with an unrivalled, seamless service. Strong sector knowledge built up from years of working with clients across all sectors, allows us to bring a strategic approach to our work, a deep understanding of industry issues and ensures we provide an efficient approach to due diligence.
A&O has advised on more than 3,230 M&A deals worth over GBP2 trillion since 2008.
You get consistent service across the world. Whether it's Hong Kong, London, or New York, you can use their network with absolute confidence.
Chambers Global 2019 (Corporate/M&A)
A&O is an excellent resource for us as a company that has so many global offices. They have a really good handle on co-ordination and deal management for large global transactions, that's one of their huge strengths. There was a huge number of worldwide entities that we addressed, and we couldn't have done without their project management skills.
Chambers Global 2020 (Corporate/M&A)
Download the full report
Adjusting to adversity
- M&A Team of the Year, IFLR Asia-Pacific awards 2019
- Best Law Firm in Asia: M&A, FinanceAsia Achievement Awards 2019
- UK Legal Adviser of the Year, Mergermarket European M&A Awards 2019
- Benelux Legal Adviser of the Year, Mergermarket European M&A Awards 2019
- Domestic Deal of the Year for Alawwal Bank/The Saudi British Bank merger, IFLR Middle East Awards 2019
- Best M&A Deal, FinanceAsia Achievement Awards 2018
- European Mid-Market M&A advisor of the Year, Mergermarket Awards 2018
- M&A Deal of the Year (for KCA Deutag/Dalma Energy combination), IFLR Middle East Awards 2018
Global Cartel EnforcementRead More