Today, alternative investments have become an integral part of institutional investor portfolios. In the current low-interest environment, there is high demand for illiquid assets such as real estate, private equity, private debt, loan portfolios, energy and infrastructure investments, ships and aircraft.
We provide comprehensive advice in this field from initial structural plans right up to exit. Our Alternative Investments Group pools all the necessary expertise and supports you in your investments on a global scale, be it foreign investments in German assets or supporting German investors in other countries.
Our scope of advice includes in particular:
- asset expertise and market intelligence in all fields
- advice on regulatory, tax and corporate law aspects (on the investment itself, as well as on fund structuring and documentation)
- banking law advice on structuring the various financing products, loan documentation or syndication options relating to loan funds in the interests of lightening your balance sheet
- due diligence
- end-to-end transaction advice on buying and selling via share deals or asset deals
- capital-market transactions, e.g. securitisations or investments in stock exchange-listed alternative assets
- additional advice on specialist areas as necessary, e.g. employment law, antitrust law or IP
Our clients include infrastructure funds and private equity funds, asset managers, banks, hedge funds, insurance companies and pension funds, as well as companies and corporate groups whose activities focus on alternative assets.
Our German Alternative Investments Group comprises lawyers from all the relevant legal fields: financing, regulatory law, M&A, project financing, energy & infrastructure, tax law, capital markets law, real estate law, real estate financing and public law and is part of our global Alternative Investments Group.
News: 09 JANUARY 2020
Allen & Overy advised two leading Japanese banks in connection with a Japanese operating lease transaction including a call option (JOLCO). The transaction serves to finance seven Airbus aircraft for Deutsche Lufthansa AG, including two A350-941 and five A320-271N aircraft. The total volume amounted to approximately USD 530 million.閱讀更多
News: 27 SEPTEMBER 2019
Allen & Overy has advised the Viridium Group on the sale of Generali Lebensversicherung AG's "Millennium Portfolio" to Commerz Real.閱讀更多
News: 06 AUGUST 2019
Allen & Overy has advised French energy group Engie on an agreement to acquire the public transport system electrification specialist Powerlines Group via Engie Ineo, its electrical engineering, information and communications systems services subsidiary.閱讀更多
News: 07 OCTOBER 2019
Allen & Overy has advised NATIXIS Pfandbriefbank AG (NATIXIS) on the financing of Phoenix Spree Deutschland Limited (Phoenix Spree), an investment company listed in London with a focus on the Berlin residential property market.閱讀更多
Berlin Rent Act passed - What are the practical consequences?Read More
Update on the German real estate transfer tax reformRead More
Market update – legal developments in the German real estate marketRead More
Current developments of the contemplated German real estate transfer tax reformRead More