Mergers & Acquisitions
Recognised for our mix of M&A and corporate financing expertise and for a level of service that very few law firms can match.
We support buyers and sellers at all stages of transactions – from bid preparation and submission to negotiation, sign-off and close. We advise on the full range of deal structures from public takeovers/tender offers through to divestments, auctions, take privates and demergers. Our track record in M&A, expertise and local knowledge ensure that we deliver cost-effective, high quality legal advice. Our close-knit team of lawyers across the world employs a common approach, which means we can handle cross-border deals effectively.
Our sector teams work closely across our network of offices to provide clients with an unrivalled, seamless service. Strong sector knowledge built up from years of working with clients across all sectors, allows us to bring a strategic approach to our work, a deep understanding of industry issues and ensures we provide an efficient approach to due diligence.
A&O has advised on more than 2,900 M&A deals worth over GBP1.8tn since 2010.
A&O is an excellent resource for us as a company that has so many global offices. They have a really good handle on co-ordination and deal management for large global transactions, that’s one of their huge strengths.
Chambers Global 2020 (Corporate/M&A)
- Outbound M&A Legal Adviser of the Year, Mergermarket Japan Awards 2020
- Best Law Firm in Asia: M&A, FinanceAsia Achievement Awards 2019
- UK Legal Adviser of the Year, Mergermarket European M&A Awards 2019
- Benelux Legal Adviser of the Year, Mergermarket European M&A Awards 2019
- Domestic Deal of the Year for Alawwal Bank/The Saudi British Bank merger, IFLR Middle East Awards 2019