Peter is a private equity partner based in London and is part of our global private equity group.
Peter has significant experience advising private equity funds and other financial sponsors on a range of cross-border M&A transactions, including buyouts, exits, joint ventures, partial sales, consortium arrangements and co-investments. Peter also spent six months seconded to the M&A team of a global pharmaceutical corporation.
Peter is ranked as a "Highly Regarded" by IFLR1000and he is also listed as a Rising Star for Private Equity (Legal Week 2019, 40 under 40).
Noteworthy experience includes advising:
- Exponent on its acquisition of TRS Foods and East End Foods from their respective founders.
- PAI Partners and R+R Ice Cream on the joint venture with Nestlé to combine their worldwide ice cream businesses.
- Bridgepoint on the sale of a minority interest in Element Materials Technology to Temasek.
- TDR Capital on the sale of the International Car Wash Group to Roark Capital.
- H.I.G. Capital on the acquisition of Vernacare from Palatine Private Equity.
- 3i Group on the sale of Element Materials Technology Group to Bridgepoint.
- NXMH on the acquisition of Bitstamp, the leading global cryptocurrency exchange.
- OMERS Private Equity and AIMCo on the acquisition of Environmental Resources Management from Charterhouse Capital Partners.
- Exponent on the acquisition of BBI Diagnostics from Alere.
- H.I.G. Capital on the sale of Kondor Limited, the specialist provider of category management solutions for audio and mobile accessory products to DCC.
Allen & Overy LLP
One Bishops Square
Advising Exponent on its acquisition of TRS Foods and East End Foods from their respective founders.
Advising PAI Partners and R+R Ice Cream on the joint venture with Nestlé to combine their worldwide ice cream businesses.
Advising Bridgepoint on the sale of a minority interest in Element Materials Technology to Temasek.
Advising TDR Capital on the sale of the International Car Wash Group to Roark Capital.
- Peter Banks, John Geraghy and Oliver Bacon, (2020) “Will investment in the world’s ageing oil and gas basins ultimately pay off ?”, Private equity's upstream journey: Allen & Overy