Peter Van Dyck
Peter Van Dyck
Peter adviseert cliënten aangaande e-communications recht, data protection, domeinnamen en het IT recht in het algemeen (contentieux en non-contentieux). Peter schrijft vaak mee aan artikels voor Computer and Telecommunications Law Review, Entertainment Law Review en World Copyright Law Review aangaande electronic communications recht en auteursrecht.
Assisting a global pharmaceutical and healthcare company in a cross-jurisdictional patent litigation (including preliminary injunction proceedings) against a competitor in relation to an alleged infringement of patent and trade secret rights.
Advising a multinational technology company in proceedings before the ECJ, on the liability of internet platforms for trade mark infringing products offered for sale on such platforms by third parties.
Advising a global FMCG company on the impact of the DSA on its ongoing relationships with IT suppliers and a number of our client’s e-commerce platforms.
Advising a leading IT consultancy on a global privacy framework agreement, which aims to govern all cross-border data flows via our client’s businesses, clients or joint ventures in jurisdictions across the world. We advised on the data protection & privacy aspects of the agreement.
- VAN DYCK, P. and CARMELIET, T., "It’s time to amend the Enforcement Directive to ensure all EU Member States provide for declarations of non-infringement of EUTMs and Community designs." (ed. STONE, D. & POTTS, B.), Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice, Volume 14, Issue 10, October 2019, Pages 754–760.
- VAN DYCK, P. and CAILLOL, C., "Belgium", chapter in "Global Investigations Review: Data Privacy & Transfer in Investigations ", London, Legal Business Research, 2018.
- In addition, Peter frequently contributes to articles in the press to share his views on data protection and technology topics. In the past years, Peter was quoted on these topics in more than 20 publications. This includes interviews by international publications such as Bloomberg and Politico as well as the major Belgian newspapers and magazines such as De Tijd and Trends.
- Advising a large international humanitarian organisation on the contractual and data protection aspects in relation to the development of, and the terms and conditions used for, an app.
- Advising a European non-profit organisation which deals with missing children in relation to various matters, including a dispute with a software supplier relating to an app for migrant children.
- Advising a charity organisation which provides supplementary education to children from disadvantaged neighbourhoods in relation to achieving compliance with the GDPR, including in relation to the organisation’s mailing databases.
Wat cliënten over ons zeggen
Next generation lawyer
LEGAL 500, 2017
effective and expert knowledge,” adding: “He keeps both feet on the ground and is a pleasure to work with.
Chambers Europe 2018
Rights holders in the IT and telecoms sectors could not ask for a better champion than recently promoted partner Peter Van Dyck. His rapid ascent is testament to his skill in complex international mandates.
IAM PATENT 1000, 2018