Adam is a US qualified partner in the London office of Allen & Overy. He advises companies, investment banks and selling security holders on international offerings of equity and debt securities. He also advises clients on cross border mergers and acquisitions and ongoing compliance with U.S. securities regulation.
Adam has more than 20 years' experience advising clients in both developed and developing markets on complex and innovative multi-jurisdictional securities offerings. He has particular experience in capital market transactions in the industrial and manufacturing, energy and natural resources, TMT, retail, financial institutions and life sciences sectors.
Adam is recognised as a leading equity capital markets lawyer by a number of industry publications, including Chambers and Partners, Legal 500 and IFLR 1000. He is described as a "very strong US securities partner, always available and very focused on finding solutions." (Legal 500 UK 2020 (Equity Capital Markets)).
His recent experience includes advising on the:
- IPOs by Moonpig, ESG Core Investments, Allegro, JDE Peets, DWF, Quilter, DP Eurasia (Domino's Pizza Turkey), Allied Irish Bank, Emaar Development, Balta, VolkerWessels, Neinor Homes, Alfen, Árima, McCarthy & Stone, CMC Markets, Ibstock, Softcat, The Gym Group, Hastings, Spire Healthcare, Emaar Malls, Refresco Gerber, Lucas Bols, NN Group, Intertrust, bpost, Poundland and Circassia;
- Rights issues or placings and open offers by EDP, Marks & Spencer, Piraeus Bank, Hellenic Bank, Cobham, Capitec, KPN, Bank of Ireland, REN, Wereldhave and Circassia; and
- Accelerated bookbuild offerings relating to Network International, Informa, Hiscox, The Gym Group, Vodacom, Neinor Homes, Spar, Capitec, PSG, bpost, McCarthy & Stone, Spire Healthcare and NN Insurance.
- European IPOs. Back on track or the end of a good run? PLC Magazine, March 2015
- The European IPO market: signs of life, PLC Magazine, December 2012
- US private offerings: Solicitation and advertising on the cards, PLC Magazine, October 2012
- Pre-marketing in the EU and the US, convergence ahead? PLC Magazine, September 2010
- Anatomy of a deal: IPOs, Lawyer 2B, October 2007
- Preparing a company for an IPO, PLC Cross Border Quarterly, July - September 2007