A&O wins a host of awards including International Law Firm of the Year at IFLR Europe Awards 2021
30 april 2021
Allen & Overy has picked up a total of 11 awards at the 2021 International Financial Law Review (IFLR) Europe Awards 2021, including the prestigious prize for International Law Firm of the Year.
The annual ceremony, which this year took place virtually on 29 April, recognises legal innovation by firms and individual teams working on cross-border transactions. As well as picking up the top prize of being named International Law Firm of the Year, A&O won 10 further awards in deal of the year, team of the year, rising star and individual country categories.
The full list of awards won by A&O:
- International law firm of the year
- Loan team of the year
- Restructuring team of the year
- Netherlands equity capital markets firm of the year
- Spain banking & finance firm of the year
- Equity deal of the year – advising on JDE Peets’ landmark IPO
- Loan deal of the year – advising on a new risk free rate loan facility for Tesco plc
- Private equity deal of the year – ThyssenKrupp’s sale of its lift business to an investor group, led by Advent and Cinven
- Restructuring deal of the year – Virgin Atlantic recapitalisation plan
- Structured finance and securitisation deal of the year – CLO with ESG criteria for socially responsible investments placed via MUFG Securities.
- Rising star award: Siân Perez, senior associate from A&O’s restructuring practice in London
Commenting on the award wins, A&O senior partner Wim Dejonghe said: “This is a fantastic achievement for A&O. Winning 11 awards across a range of practices and countries is indicative of the breadth and depth of our expertise."
We are so proud to have helped our clients on their innovative accomplishments in what was a challenging 2020 for many. And of course none of this would be possible without the commitment and excellence of our team members across the region.
Wim Dejonghe, A&O senior partner