Funds and Asset Management
As a dedicated global funds and asset management group, we provide our clients with market-leading expertise combined with a commercial approach to ensure creative and practical solutions to the challenges they face.
We are a market-leading funds and asset management practice providing a full-service offering to fund managers and institutional investor clients. With asset management, tax and regulatory professionals in all of the major financial centres, our global coverage, local knowledge and responsiveness are second to none.
For more than 25 years, we have helped our clients navigate an increasingly regulated and competitive environment, creating innovative solutions to complex problems, and building long-standing relationships with our clients as a result.
We offer expertise in the key regions, with teams in the U.S. and UK, Luxembourg. In addition we have invested to expand our teams in the Middle East, Asia and Australia and have strong relationships with law firms in the key offshore jurisdictions for the industry.
Areas we advise and assist clients on include:
- Fund establishments – across all the main asset classes and covering both retail and alternative investment fund structures.
- Investment management – drafting and negotiating fund investments, IMAs, custody and prime brokerage agreements
- Regulatory reform – putting in place compliance programmes for asset managers operating in the UK, EU, U.S. and Asia-Pacific.
- Corporate and financing transactions – involving asset managers, underlying assets and fund transfers, across private equity, debt, real estate and infrastructure.
- Private credit – working with lenders, borrowers and sponsors at all levels of the capital structure.
- Distressed investments and restructuring – utilising the full range of solutions and international options available to sophisticated investors.
- Industry consultations – working with individual clients or trade bodies to effectively represent their views before regulators and government.
Working with our sector teams in real estate, private equity and infrastructure we also offer asset managers full life-cycle support in dealing with the assets you choose to invest in.
aosphere makes the complex simple and useful.
Wat cliënten over ons zeggen
Allen & Overy Luxembourg handles fund structuring and establishment matters, in addition to ongoing regulatory and compliance work, for the full range of fund types, particularly within the alternative space.
Legal 500, Investment Funds, 2020 (Luxembourg)
In one highlight, a group reviewed over 50 investment management agreements for various pension funds and sovereign wealth funds for investments totalling over £30bn.
Legal 500, Investment Fund Formation and Management 2020
Clients describe the team as "very strong, with a deep bench of lawyers; they are very responsive and proactive
Chambers & Partners, Investment Funds 2020
Demonstrates a particularly strong real estate and regulatory practice. Additional strength in infrastructure and debt funds.
Chambers & Partners, Investment Funds 2020
Solid player in the Netherlands investment funds market.
Chambers & Partners, Investment Funds, 2020 (The Netherlands)
Allen & Overy has an excellent team. They are very responsive and solution-oriented.
Chambers & Partners, Investment Funds 2019
The 'highly technical and approachable' team at Allen & Overy Luxembourg excels in the structuring and ongoing operation of Luxembourg regulated and unregulated funds for institutional and noninstitutional investors.
Legal 500, Investment Funds, 2019 (Luxembourg)
Regularly advises high-end regional and international clients on a range of investment products. Recognised by a number of sources for its impressive sovereign wealth fund expertise. Has extensive capabilities in open and closed-ended funds, Shari'a-compliant structures and private equity investments.
Chambers & Partners, Investment Funds, 2019 (Middle East)
Sizeable investment funds practice endorsed for its capabilities regarding high-value real estate funds. Has considerable experience advising on multi-jurisdictional mandates. Dedicated practitioners are located in many key offices across the globe.
Chambers & Partners, Investment Funds 2018
Large investment funds team with dedicated practitioners situated in many key offices around the world. Acknowledged for its capabilities regarding high-value real estate funds, with experience assisting on numerous cross-border matters.
Chambers & Partners, Investment Funds 2017