Legal notice - Australia
We practise in Australia through Allen & Overy ABN 21 630 141 428 (Allen & Overy Australia), a general partnership whose principal place of business is at Level 25, 85 Castlereagh Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia.
Collecting your information
We only collect personal information that is necessary for our functions or activities. We may collect personal information when we provide our services to you, or our client requires us to collect information on their behalf. The types of personal information we may collect include:
- your name, address, occupation and contact information;
- information regarding your dealings with us or our clients; or
- any interests you have with regards to areas of legal practice or our events.
Use and disclosure
We use your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected and related purposes, including:
- providing and marketing our services to you;
- managing our relationship with you or our clients; and
- facilitating our internal business operations, including fulfilling our legal requirements.
We may disclose your personal information for the purpose it was collected and related purposes, including:
- within the Allen & Overy grouping, which may include entities that operate outside Australia; and
- providing it to service providers, agents and contractors to help us provide and market our services to you.
You are entitled to a copy of the personal information we hold about you, except in certain circumstances as set out in the National Privacy Principles. If we deny you access to your personal information, we will provide you with reasons as to why. We may charge you an access fee to cover our costs of gathering and providing the information. If you think that any of the information we hold about you is inaccurate, you can contact us at email@example.com and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold, whether it be in hard or soft copy, from misuse and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We employ a variety of physical and electronic security measures such as restricting physical access to our offices, electronic firewalls, password protection and secured databases. Our staff that have access to your personal information are subject to confidentiality policies.
Collecting your information using our website