Real Estate Litigation and Planning Disputes
The real estate market is always changing. Businesses need lawyers who know the market, understand the commerciality of issues as well as the law, and will give advice tailored to a particular business need.
We are recognised as a leading real estate litigation practice with an outstanding reputation for handling complex ad hoc and high-profile commercial property and planning disputes, acting on pivotal cases for a wide range of clients ; from government bodies and international financial institutions to major corporate concerns.
Examples of cases we can advise on include:
- Landlord and tenant matters - break notice disputes, service charge claims, possession and forfeiture actions, dilapidations, lease renewal or business tenancy claims.
- Insolvency-related disputes advising insolvency practitioners, advising on a landlord's remedies in the face of an insolvent tenant.
- Neighbour disputes, rights to light claims, nuisance, boundary issues, restrictive covenants, rights of access.
- Professional negligence actions for example in relation to advice given by solicitors, valuers' negligence cases concerning surveyors, and claims against management companies.
- Major property transaction disputes, construction disputes between contractors and developers, failures to complete, warranty claims, joint venture disputes and limited partner disputes.
- Enfranchisement - in respect of prime and super prime residential premises, advising landlords and tenants in respect of lease extension and collective enfranchisement (freehold purchase) claims.
With wide experience of the property market and all types of dispute resolution procedure, we are used to managing many of the largest and most complex multi-party disputes. Working closely with our real estate, insolvency, corporate, projects and finance teams, we provide clients with creative legal solutions to their business problems, right up to conclusion of a project or dispute.
News & insights
News: 20 JULY 2021
Allen & Overy ha assistito Algebris nella prima operazione di cartolarizzazione con finanziamento bancario strutturata in Italia ai sensi degli articoli 7, comma 1, lettera (b-bis) e 7.2 della legge…Leggi di più
News: 09 JULY 2021
Il riconoscimento è stato conferito nel corso della cerimonia di premiazione dei Legalcommunty Corporate Awards 2021.Leggi di più
Publications: 18 JANUARY 2021
Importanti novità in materia di applicazione degli investimenti esteri diretti (“golden powers”) in Italia.Leggi di più
Publications: 14 SEPTEMBER 2020
Con la recentissima ordinanza del 31 agosto 2020 n. 18153, la Corte di Cassazione conferma il proprio orientamento di tutela dell’investitore, imponendo un rigoroso rispetto degli obblighi informativi…Leggi di più
A brief look at topical issues in contract law
They are a professional full service team with key expertise in the hospitality sector
Chambers UAE 2017
Allen & Overy fields a professional and experienced team, advising multiple landlord clients on retail tenant insolvency issues
Legal 500 2017