Fraud and Asset Tracing Litigation
We are one of only a few large, full-service law firms with dedicated expertise in fraud litigation in the U.S., Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Our experts have been involved in some of the largest international fraud cases, including Maxwell, Madoff and KazakhGold.
We act for claimants in corporate fraud and asset tracing claims, obtaining emergency freezing and disclosure orders and conducting and coordinating national and international fraud investigations.
Our lawyers have experience of litigating in the key offshore jurisdictions in which proceeds from fraud are usually held and can act quickly to freeze assets. We provide extensive resources, up-to-date knowledge and a proven ability to handle cross-border work.
Our advice covers:
- banking fraud and corporate fraud
- mortgage fraud and letter of credit fraud
- asset tracing, civil search orders and freezing orders
- private prosecution
- extradition and transfers to avoid creditors and criminal seizure
- offshore trust disputes, trustee charging, removal and retirement of trustees and sham trusts
- disputed settlements and wills disputes
- breach of trust and breach of fiduciary duty
- undue influence, mental capacity and incapacity issues
- partnership disputes, including general partner, limited partnership and limited liability partnership
News & insights
Publications: 18 FEBRUARY 2021
Gli individui che rifiutino di fornire alle autorità finanziarie risposte che possano farne emergere la responsabilità passibile di sanzioni amministrative aventi carattere penale non possono essere…Leggi di più
Publications: 23 DECEMBER 2020
Seri rischi di nullità, effetti restitutori e possibili difese.Leggi di più
Publications: 14 SEPTEMBER 2020
Con la recentissima ordinanza del 31 agosto 2020 n. 18153, la Corte di Cassazione conferma il proprio orientamento di tutela dell’investitore, imponendo un rigoroso rispetto degli obblighi informativi…Leggi di più
A source characterises the team as a "very polished and well-oiled machine that is able to obtain injunctions and freezing orders with impressive speed.
Chambers UK 2020, Fraud: Civil
Well equipped to run cases with a worldwide scope spanning a number of jurisdictions.
Chambers UK 2018, Fraud: Civil
A&O's blog highlighting the current issues
Focusing on the latest trends, risks and developments in business crime and financial services investigations.