Class Actions and Group Litigation
Allen & Overy handles a broad range of class action and group litigation, including securities law violations, financial services mis-selling, shareholder activism, antitrust follow-on damages and bankruptcy cases.
Our global team of litigation, securities and antitrust experts has handled and resolved class actions and collective redress cases in virtually every significant jurisdiction.
Our work includes advising:
- A global financial institution on a series of class actions alleging manipulation and collusion in the market for U.S. Treasury securities.
- A European bank in defence of U.S. class actions, clawback and damages claims in a European country and other litigation involving a cross-border tax-efficient structured finance transaction hedged with various derivatives trades.
- A major financial institution in government investigations focused on potential manipulation of security and commodity-based volatility indices and trading of related financial derivatives, and related class action lawsuits based on Commodity Exchange Act and Sherman Act claims.
- Mercuria Energy Trading, Inc. and Mercuria Energy Trading S.A. in the antitrust class action cases captioned In re North Sea Brent Crude Oil Futures Litigation. The complaint alleges that the world’s leading energy traders conspired to manipulate the benchmark price of crude oil.
- A seafood products company in a grand jury investigation and class action litigation involving allegations of price-fixing.
- Dr. Joseph M. Feczko, the former Chief Medical Officer of Pfizer Inc., in a securities class action brought against Pfizer and five former executives by a class of investors alleging that the defendants misrepresented the safety risks of Pfizer’s arthritis medications, Celebrex and Bextra.
News & insights
News: 09 JULY 2021
Il riconoscimento è stato conferito nel corso della cerimonia di premiazione dei Legalcommunty Corporate Awards 2021.Leggi di più
Publications: 23 APRIL 2021
Un sostanziale “pareggio” tra nullità e validità.Leggi di più
Publications: 18 FEBRUARY 2021
Gli individui che rifiutino di fornire alle autorità finanziarie risposte che possano farne emergere la responsabilità passibile di sanzioni amministrative aventi carattere penale non possono essere…Leggi di più
Publications: 14 SEPTEMBER 2020
Con la recentissima ordinanza del 31 agosto 2020 n. 18153, la Corte di Cassazione conferma il proprio orientamento di tutela dell’investitore, imponendo un rigoroso rispetto degli obblighi informativi…Leggi di più