Today, alternative investments have become an integral part of institutional investor portfolios. In the current low-interest environment, there is high demand for illiquid assets such as real estate, private equity, private debt, loan portfolios, energy and infrastructure investments, ships and aircraft.
We provide comprehensive advice in this field from initial structural plans right up to exit. Our Alternative Investments Group pools all the necessary expertise and supports you in your investments on a global scale, be it foreign investments in German assets or supporting German investors in other countries.
Our scope of advice includes in particular:
- asset expertise and market intelligence in all fields
- advice on regulatory, tax and corporate law aspects (on the investment itself, as well as on fund structuring and documentation)
- banking law advice on structuring the various financing products, loan documentation or syndication options relating to loan funds in the interests of lightening your balance sheet
- due diligence
- end-to-end transaction advice on buying and selling via share deals or asset deals
- capital-market transactions, e.g. securitisations or investments in stock exchange-listed alternative assets
- additional advice on specialist areas as necessary, e.g. employment law, antitrust law or IP
Our clients include infrastructure funds and private equity funds, asset managers, banks, hedge funds, insurance companies and pension funds, as well as companies and corporate groups whose activities focus on alternative assets.
Our German Alternative Investments Group comprises lawyers from all the relevant legal fields: financing, regulatory law, M&A, project financing, energy & infrastructure, tax law, capital markets law, real estate law, real estate financing and public law and is part of our global Alternative Investments Group.
News & insights
Publications:Leggi di più
News: 29 JANUARY 2021
Allen & Overy has advised Berlin-based Capital Bay Gruppe (Capital Bay) on the successful launch of the "Commercial" and the "Residential" real estate funds for existing properties in Germany and…Leggi di più
Publications: 21 DECEMBER 2020
Effects on the Commercial Lease LawLeggi di più
Publications: 18 DECEMBER 2020
On 13 December 2020, the Federal Chancellor and the Prime Ministers of the Federal States again decided, in view of the current development of the Covid-19 pandemic, to impose far-reaching measures…Leggi di più