Today, alternative investments have become an integral part of institutional investor portfolios. In the current low-interest environment, there is high demand for illiquid assets such as real estate, private equity, private debt, loan portfolios, energy and infrastructure investments, ships and aircraft.
We provide comprehensive advice in this field from initial structural plans right up to exit. Our Alternative Investments Group pools all the necessary expertise and supports you in your investments on a global scale, be it foreign investments in German assets or supporting German investors in other countries.
Our scope of advice includes in particular:
- asset expertise and market intelligence in all fields
- advice on regulatory, tax and corporate law aspects (on the investment itself, as well as on fund structuring and documentation)
- banking law advice on structuring the various financing products, loan documentation or syndication options relating to loan funds in the interests of lightening your balance sheet
- due diligence
- end-to-end transaction advice on buying and selling via share deals or asset deals
- capital-market transactions, e.g. securitisations or investments in stock exchange-listed alternative assets
- additional advice on specialist areas as necessary, e.g. employment law, antitrust law or IP
Our clients include infrastructure funds and private equity funds, asset managers, banks, hedge funds, insurance companies and pension funds, as well as companies and corporate groups whose activities focus on alternative assets.
Our German Alternative Investments Group comprises lawyers from all the relevant legal fields: financing, regulatory law, M&A, project financing, energy & infrastructure, tax law, capital markets law, real estate law, real estate financing and public law and is part of our global Alternative Investments Group.
News & insights
Publications: 02 APRIL 2020
This note discusses a number of issues and queries that are arising in the commercial real estate investing and lending markets in Germany as a result of the Covid-19 coronavirus pandemic.Lire la suite
Publications: 27 MARCH 2020
Massive economic effects of Covid-19 on the real estate sector, in particular, on lease agreements.Lire la suite
Publications: 27 MARCH 2020
On 27 March 2020 the parliament adopted the Covid-19 Act. This act enacts various economic support measures for entrepreneurs, sole proprietors, other small, medium-sized and large enterprises and…Lire la suite
News: 09 JANUARY 2020
Allen & Overy advised two leading Japanese banks in connection with a Japanese operating lease transaction including a call option (JOLCO). The transaction serves to finance seven Airbus aircraft for…Lire la suite
Berlin Rent Act passed - What are the practical consequences?Read More
Update on the German real estate transfer tax reformRead More
Market update – legal developments in the German real estate marketRead More
Current developments of the contemplated German real estate transfer tax reformRead More