Vicky advises clients across the spectrum of people-risk matters. She has particular experience of the financial services sector, having spent several years in a senior in-house role at Goldman Sachs.
Vicky has extensive experience in helping clients to manage risk across multiple jurisdictions. She has worked in Asia-Pacific as well as in London. Vicky's contentious work has been particularly focused on whistleblowing and discrimination claims. She has litigated in London, Australia, Japan and Greater China. Vicky is solutions-focused and accustomed to managing the most sensitive matters in the context of broader commercial considerations.
Her recent work includes:
- Running investigations into sexual misconduct and race discrimination alleged against high profile senior executives
- Advising an investment manager in connection with the potential acquisition of a target carrying substantial employment litigation risk
- Acting for an elite global sports business in the defence of its business interests
- Advising listed and unlisted businesses on the removal of directors and implications for complex remuneration arrangements Advising numerous firms and banks on the HR response to COVID-19, remote-working and return to office preparations
- Advising a number financial services firms on the implementation of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR) as well as post-implementation issues such as how employee misconduct should be handled and reported to the FCA and to other firms in relation to regulatory references
- Acting for a European retail bank in the defence of a £ multi-million equal pay claim, which received significant press attention*
Vicky was named in The Lawyer Hot 100 in 2019 in the Litigators category. Vicky is a LGBTQ+ ally and a Race and Ethnicity ally. She is a regular contributor to discussions on diversity in the legal profession.
*Experience gained prior to joining Allen & Overy
Allen & Overy LLP
One Bishops Square
News & insights
Publications: 17 NOVEMBER 2020
In the second of our series of webinars, members of Allen & Overy’s Global Employment team discussed the significant issues and challenges that employers need to prioritise in relation to managing and…Read more
Publications: 26 AUGUST 2020
It is often assumed that if a lawyer plays some part in the creation or production of a document, it automatically becomes privileged, giving it protection from disclosure in subsequent litigation.Read more
Publications: 29 MAY 2020
As UK organisations begin to think about returning to the workplace, here are ten key issues for in-house counsel and HR teams to consider when conducting risk assessments.Read more
Publications: 22 MAY 2020
UK Employers will be busy preparing their workplace and return to work strategies in response to the UK Government’s guidance on working safely during the coronavirus pandemic (the Guidance). Here are…Read more