Sanjeev is a partner in A&O’s London office in the Leveraged Finance Group and leads the firm’s direct lending practice. He has advised on a broad range of TLB financings including cross-border direct lending transactions from unitranche up to more complex PIK, first and second lien and Holdco PIK structures.
Sanjeev is Chairman of the India Group and a core member of the Africa Group at Allen & Overy.
Recent experience highlights include advising:
- The Mandated Lead Arrangers in connection with Foncia Management’s EUR1.275m term loan facility and EUR437.5m revolving credit facility and the Initial Purchasers in connection with the issuance by Foncia Management of EUR400m aggregate principal amount of 3.375% Senior Secured Notes due 2028 and EUR250m aggregate principal amount of 5.000% Senior Unsecured Notes due 2029.
- The direct lenders including Starwood and Apollo, and the super senior RCF banks on the GBP1.8bn unitranche financing and GBP200m super senior RCF supporting Blackstone’s acquisition of Bourne Leisure, the biggest leisure firm in the UK.
- The lenders on a EUR750m unitranche financing provided to SumUp Holdings Midco S.a.r.l., a payment services provider with subsidiaries operating in a number of European, South American and other jurisdictions, for the refinancing of existing debt and financing of acquisitions, investments and other working capital purposes.
- The mandated lead arrangers on the financing for the public-to-private acquisition by EQT of Recipharm, one of the five largest pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organisations in the world.
- The lenders of a holdco PIK notes financing to support the acquisition / recapitalisation of Hg’s majority stake in Visma, a Norwegian business software and IT development group - one of the largest PIK transactions completed in 2020.
- The lenders on a EUR230m term loan B facilities and EUR20m revolving credit facility to support BC Partners' acquisition of Puzzle Holding B.V. / Keesing Media Group, a Dutch business that is one of the largest puzzle and braintainment companies in Europe.
- The mandated lead arrangers on the refinancing of the existing debt of Aenova Group GmbH, a German pharmaceutical company.
- The lenders to GardaWorld Security Corporation in connection with the hostile public bid for G4S plc, a UK headquartered multinational security services company.
- KKR Credit on the proposed financing to support the acquisition by Investcorp of Delsey SA.
- Goldman Sachs PIA on the financing for Apax’s acquisition of Healthium Medtech, an Indian manufacturer of medical devices and consumable products.
- Goldman Sachs PIA, EQT Credit, Park Square Capital and Partners Group as second lien noteholders in relation to the refinancing of certain existing debt of IVC Acquisition Limited, a veterinary company held by EQT.
- HPS and Partners Group in respect of the senior facilities in relation to the acquisition by Hg of Combell, a leading Northwest Europe mass webhoster controlled by Hg.
Allen & Overy LLP
One Bishops Square
Admitted as solicitor, England and Wales, 1997
Admitted to the bar, State of New York, USA
News & insights
News: 07 APRIL 2021
Allen & Overy’s India Group practice partners have been recognised again in the India Business Law Journal (IBLJ) A-list, as the top India-focused lawyers at international law firms.Read more
News: 07 APRIL 2021
Allen & Overy's leveraged finance team has advised the banks in connection with a EUR2.35 billion loan and debut high yield bond refinancing by Foncia, a leading provider of residential real estate…Read more
News: 18 FEBRUARY 2021
LONDON – Allen & Overy’s India Group practice has maintained its position as a Tier 1 Foreign Firm in India, by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021.Read more
Publications: 06 JULY 2020
In a panel session moderated by the Alternative Credit Council (ACC), Joydeep Choudhuri, Sanjeev Dhuna and Tim Watson, partners in our Leveraged Finance and Restructuring practices, discuss how…Read more