Sanjeev is a partner in A&O’s London office in the Leveraged Finance Group and leads the firm’s direct lending practice. He has advised on a broad range of LBO financings including cross-border direct lending transactions from unitranche up to more complex PIK, first and second lien and Holdco PIK structures.
Sanjeev has also acted on a broad range of high profile and cross-border structured banking transactions including syndicated loans and investment grade acquisition financings, direct lending, structured emerging markets financing, property transactions and international financing structures. In addition, Sanjeev has also worked on a number of project financing, ECA financing and infrastructure transactions and he has a particular focus on emerging markets. Sanjeev is Chairman of the India Group and a core member of the Africa Group at Allen & Overy.
Recent experience highlights include advising:
- The lenders of a holdco PIK notes financing to support the acquisition / recapitalisation of Hg’s majority stake in Visma, a Norwegian business software and IT development group.
- Signal Capital Partners LLP in respect of a senior loan in relation to the refinancing of existing debt of BHL, a stakeholder in the Cobra Beer Group.
- KKR Credit on the proposed financing to support the acquisition by Investcorp of Delsey SA.
- Goldman Sachs PIA on the financing for Apax’s acquisition of Healthium Medtech, an Indian manufacturer of medical devices and consumable products.
- Goldman Sachs PIA, EQT Credit, Park Square Capital and Partners Group as second lien noteholders in relation to the refinancing of certain existing debt of IVC Acquisition Limited, a veterinary company held by EQT.
- HPS and Partners Group in respect of the senior facilities in relation to the acquisition by Hg of Combell, a leading Northwest Europe mass webhoster controlled by Hg.
“Sanjeev Dhuna offers particular strength in emerging markets work. Described by one source as a ‘fabulous deal-maker,’ he recently advised Standard Chartered on the financing of Bharti Airtel's USD10.7 billion purchase of Zain Africa. He is noted for matching ‘technical excellence with commercial strength.’” Chambers & Partners: UK
Allen & Overy LLP
One Bishops Square
Admitted as solicitor, England and Wales, 1997
Admitted to the bar, State of New York, USA
News & insights
Publications: 18 SEPTEMBER 2020
Our weekly update on key regulatory topics affecting the financial services sector. If you would like to receive this update by email and be added to our marketing mailing list please contact…Read more
News: 13 AUGUST 2020
Allen & Overy’s India Group practice has been described as an “undisputed leader” for complex, high-value transactions with an Indian element by the Indian Business Law Journal (IBLJ).Read more
Publications: 06 JULY 2020
In a panel session moderated by the Alternative Credit Council (ACC), Joydeep Choudhuri, Sanjeev Dhuna and Tim Watson, partners in our Leveraged Finance and Restructuring practices, discuss how…Read more
Publications: 12 MARCH 2019
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced a series of policy changes, which include (i) the relaxation of its External Commercial Borrowing (ECB) framework and (ii) the withdrawal of certain…Read more