Peter is a private equity partner based in London and is part of our global private equity group. Peter has significant experience advising private equity funds and other financial sponsors on a range of cross-border M&A transactions, including buyouts, exits, joint ventures, partial sales, consortium arrangements and co-investments. Peter also spent six months seconded to the M&A team of a global pharmaceutical corporation.
"Peter Banks is commercial, experienced and pragmatic. He seeks solutions, not disputes and protects clients' interests." Legal 500 UK 2021
Peter is ranked as a "Highly Regarded" by IFLR1000and he is also listed as a Rising Star for Private Equity (Legal Week 2019, 40 under 40).
One Bishops Square
Publications: 07 July 2022
There was a time when many private equity firms would only invest in a business if they could take full control. Not so anymore. Over the past five years, we have seen a marked increase in deals where…
Publications: 06 July 2022
News: 25 January 2022
News: 14 December 2021
Advising Exponent on its acquisition of TRS Foods and East End Foods from their respective founders.
Advising PAI Partners and R+R Ice Cream on the joint venture with Nestlé to combine their worldwide ice cream businesses.
Advising Bridgepoint on the sale of a minority interest in Element Materials Technology to Temasek.
Advising TDR Capital on the sale of the International Car Wash Group to Roark Capital.
One Bishops Square
Fraudulent emailsPlease note there is a known fraud/scam currently using the Allen & Overy brand and Peter Bank's name.
More information on fraud using the Allen & Overy brand can be found here.
Other noteworthy experience
- Exponent on its acquisition of TRS Foods and East End Foods from their respective founders.
- PAI Partners and R+R Ice Cream on the joint venture with Nestlé to combine their worldwide ice cream businesses.
- Bridgepoint on the sale of a minority interest in Element Materials Technology to Temasek.
- TDR Capital on the sale of the International Car Wash Group to Roark Capital.
- H.I.G. Capital on the acquisition of Vernacare from Palatine Private Equity.
- 3i Group on the sale of Element Materials Technology Group to Bridgepoint.
- NXMH on the acquisition of Bitstamp, the leading global cryptocurrency exchange.
- OMERS Private Equity and AIMCo on the acquisition of Environmental Resources Management from Charterhouse Capital Partners.
- Exponent on the acquisition of BBI Diagnostics from Alere.
- H.I.G. Capital on the sale of Kondor Limited, the specialist provider of category management solutions for audio and mobile accessory products to DCC.
- Peter Banks, John Geraghy and Oliver Bacon, (2020) “Will investment in the world’s ageing oil and gas basins ultimately pay off ?”, Private equity's upstream journey: Allen & Overy