Marwa is a U.S-qualified partner in London specialising in high yield bonds and leveraged finance transactions. She advises corporates, private equity, credit funds and financial institution clients across multiple jurisdictions.
Marwa also advises on complex corporate financings with a focus on U.S. federal securities law, project bond financings, general debt and equity capital markets transactions and debt restructurings. In addition, her experience includes liability management exercises including debt tender offers and consent solicitations and general corporate matters.
Marwa is recognised as a “Leading Individual” in High Yield by Legal 500 2023.
Marwa is ranked in Band 3 for Capital Markets: High-Yield Products for Chambers UK 2023.
The lead arrangers on the financing of the EUR5.1bn acquisition by Apax Funds and Warburg Pincus of the entire issued share capital of T-Mobile Netherlands Holding B.V (previous firm experience)
The banks on the senior financing in support of the GBP2.3bn public-to-private acquisition of Aggreko plc by TDR Capital and I Squared Capital (previous firm experience)
The financing sources to a consortium of investors (including Stephen Pagliuca, Managing Partner and Co-owner of the Boston Celtics and Co-Chairman of Bain Capital, one of the leading investment funds in the world) in relation to their co-investment Atalanta BC, one of the top Serie A clubs based in Bergamo, Italy (previous firm experience)
Transportes Aéreos Portugueses, S.A. on its inaugural high yield bond offering of EUR375mi 5.625% senior notes due 2024 (previous firm experience)
News: 13 February 2024
Allen & Overy has advised MetLife Investment Management and certain of its affiliates and managed accounts on the establishment of a note purchase and private shelf agreement with John Laing Group…
News: 19 January 2024
News: 19 December 2023
Other noteworthy experience
- Lenders on the financing of TDR Capital's GBP563 million public-to-private acquisition of Arrow Global, as well as the arrangers on the GBP1.2 billion bond financing and new GBP285 million revolving credit facility and intercreditor agreement.
- The underwriters in connection with Samsonite’s new USD650 million senior credit facilities and EUR350 million inaugural high yield bond offering.
- AlbaCore Capital Group, a European credit manager, as note purchaser in connection with the placement of Senior Secured PIK Toggle Notes issued by Centurion Newco S.p.A.
- Interoute Finco in connection with its refinancing of its EUR350 million fixed rated notes and EUR275 million term loan facility agreement.
- The note purchasers on Stonegate Pub Company Limited’s private placement of USD500 million aggregate principal amount of 8.0% senior secured notes due 2025 by Stonegate Pub Company Financing 2019 plc.
- The lenders in connection with the financing in support of CVC Capital Partners’ acquisition of RGI from Corsair.
- The bookrunners in connection with David Lloyd's EUR300 million offering of floating rate senior secured notes and GBP645 million 5.50% senior secured notes due 2027 by Deuce FinCo plc.
- A syndicate of banks, in connection with ACWA Power Management and Investments One Limited's offering of USD814 million aggregate principal amount of 5.95% senior secured bonds due 2039.
- The note purchasers, lenders and various agents and account banks on a tiered refinancing comprising a project financing to Shuaibah Two Water Development Project Company (STPC) and a private placement notes issuance by a DIFC issuer at a different level in the corporate structure.
- A syndicate of 20 investment banks in connection with GTECH’s acquisition financing relating to its acquisition of International Game Technology. At the time, the transaction was the largest bond offering by an Italian issuer in the international capital markets.