Kevin Young is a partner in Allen & Overy’s market leading, tier 1 ranked, Structured and Asset Finance group.
Kevin has advised across the whole spectrum of shipping and aviation deals, having acted for banks, financial institutions, export credit agencies, ship owners, airlines, lessors and charterers across a wide range of shipping and aviation deals including lease financings, export credit backed financings, securitisations, chartering arrangements, offshore construction, joint ventures, shipping company restructurings and portfolio sales.
Kevin is highly regarded for his asset finance expertise having been praised for his “ability to lead complicated negotiations professionally, efficiently and amicably” (Legal 500 2015).
One Bishops Square
Admitted as solicitor, England and Wales, 2004
BA, Law, Lincoln College, Oxford University, 2000
News: 17 May 2023
Today, the Mærsk Mc-Kinney Møller Center for Zero Carbon Shipping (the Center) and global law firm Allen & Overy formalized their collaboration by signing a partnership agreement. With this agreement,…
Publications: 03 November 2022
News: 25 November 2021
Other noteworthy experience
- Crédit Industriel et Commercial and Caja de Ahorros y Pensiones de Barcelona and one other financial institution on the Spanish operating lease financing of three post-panamax dry bulk carrier vessels for ArcelorMittal S.A.;
- Crédit Industriel et Commercial, S.A., Dexia Bank Belgium S.A. / N.V., KEXIM and one other financial institution in relation to the financing of one 8,500 TEU container vessel and two 16,000 TEU container vessels for CMA CGM S.A. through a French tax lease structure with Crédit Industriel et Commercial as lease arranger;
- A global financial institution in relation to a USD49.7m Japanese operating lease financing of certain marine containers with Financial Products Group as equity arranger.
- Iberia in relation to the Spanish operating lease financing of three Airbus A340 aircraft arranged by Banco Santander, S.A.;
- Hong Kong Aviation Capital on the pre-delivery payment financing and subsequent sale and leaseback of six Airbus A320 aircraft for Wizz Air.
- A syndicate of lenders on the restructuring of three senior secured container vessel facilities for CSAV - a deal which won the Marine Money 2009 restructuring deal of the year award jointly with the ZIM deal referred to below;
- A syndicate of lenders on the restructuring of two container vessel facilities and one box facility for ZIM - a deal which won the Marine Money 2009 restructuring deal of the year award jointly with the CSAV deal referred to above.
- The Royal Bank of Scotland plc on a multi-issuance securitisation programme of aircraft loans (ExFin Capital 2009-1) guaranteed by Coface, Euler Hermes and ECGD. The portfolio consists of loans used to finance Airbus aircraft.
- Alliance & Leicester on the transfer of the Aviation, Shipping, Film and Other Leasing portfolios from Alliance & Leicester to Santander pursuant to a “banking business transfer scheme” as set out in Part VII of the UK Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.