Jane works on a range of debt finance transactions for both lenders and borrowers across both domestic and international markets including general corporate lending, debt restructuring, acquisition finance and real estate finance.
Jane has extensive experience advising creditors on financial restructurings and work-outs. Her most recent deal experience includes:
- advising the co-ordinating committee of banks on the US$3.5bn financial restructuring of Premier Oil PLC in 2017;
- advising the super senior creditors on the balance sheet restructuring and debt for equity swap undertaken by New Look in Q1 2019;
- providing on-going restructuring advice to the senior creditors to the Debenhams group, including in connection with the pre-pack administration that was implemented in April 2019; and
- advising the lenders to Mothercare plc on the restructuring and recent administration of the group’s UK trading business.
Other notable restructuring transactions include advising the creditors in respect of the restructuring and debt for equity swap of Mouchel Group plc, a UK based infrastructure services group, advising the co-ordinating committee of banks on the financial restructuring of Celsa Steel UK and advising the lender to Proxima Properties on the restructuring of the secured facilities provided in respect of the Proxima ground rent portfolio.
One Bishops Square
Admitted as solicitor, England and Wales, 2009
BA, Geography, University of Cambridge, 2004
News: 17 November 2023
Allen & Overy (A&O) has advised a consortium of banks on the refinancing of existing facilities for Young & Co.’s Brewery plc (Young’s) in relation to its recommended takeover of The City Pub Group…
News: 17 October 2023
News: 01 June 2023
Advising the co-ordinating committee of lenders of a $2.5bn multi-currency revolving and letter of credit facility and £100m and $150m term loan facility to the Premier Oil group on the restructuring of Premier Oil’s financial indebtedness, implemented by way of a scheme of arrangement.
Advising the lenders of a £320m revolving credit facility to Debenhams on the restructuring of the Debenhams group’s financial indebtedness, implemented by way of a pre-pack administration sale and related company voluntary arrangement proposed by the group’s operating entities.
Advising a financial institution as document co-ordinator on a USD1.7bn term and multi-currency secured revolving credit facility for certain subsidiaries of Convatec.
Advising a financial institution as document co-ordinator on a €1.35 billion multi-currency revolving credit facility for Smurfit Kappa.
Other noteworthy experience
- Advising the lenders of a £100 million super senior revolving credit facility to New Look Finance Limited in connection with the restructuring of the New Look group’s financial indebtedness, including pre-pack administration and debt for equity swap implemented by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Advising a group of financial institutions in respect of a £100 million multi-currency revolving credit facility provided to Mothercare plc and the on-going restructuring of the group’s financial indebtedness.
- Advising the co-ordinating committee of lenders to the EnerMech group, on the £270 million restructuring of the group's financial indebtedness.
- Advising a financial institution as lender and agent on a £130 million acquisition facility for Rank Group Finance plc to fund their acquisition of Stride Gaming plc.
- Advising a financial institution as document co-ordinator on a £775 million multi-currency revolving credit and letter of credit facility for Babcock plc.
- Advising a global financial institution as document co-ordinator on a £450 million multi-currency revolving credit facility for Next plc.
- Advising Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation as document co-ordinator on a £520 million revolving credit and letter of credit facility for Capita plc.
- Advising TP ICAP plc as borrower of a £270 million multi-currency revolving credit facility and swingline facility.
- Advising a global financial institution in respect of certain facilities provided by them to Youngs Brewers plc.
- Advising Rothesay Life plc on the restructuring of their c. £380 million financing of the E&J ground rent portfolio.
- Advising Abu Dhabi Investment Authority as borrower of a £162.5 million facility to finance their interests in The Oracle shopping centre in Reading.
- Co-Author English law chapter of the ICLG Lending and Secured Finance 2020 Edition