Publications: 19 July 2022
Directing the pro bono response to a growing international refugee crisis
A&O lawyers and external experts discuss how pro bono work can help address the escalating crisis of displaced people.
Publications: 29 March 2022
Threat of criminal prosecution by due process did not amount to duress
- A&O co-lead on a project with Refugee Legal Support, Coram Children’s Services and eight firms supporting clients to access family reunion in the UK.
- Representing clients appealing benefit decisions before the First Tier Tribunal (Social Security and Child Support).
- Coordinating and researching a report on the criminalisation of suicide globally for an international charity.
- Drafting a memorandum of advice on UK extra-territorial jurisdiction for a legal NGO client.
- Two week secondment (November 2020) to European Lawyers in Lesvos to assist clients preparing for their asylum interviews in Greece.
Awards & accolades
“Know Your Rights” project with Toynbee Hall highly commended for Best New Pro Bono Activity
LawWorks Pro Bono Awards 2021