Erik-Jan specialises in leveraged finance. He acts for private equity investors, debt funds and financial institutions in a wide range of domestic and cross border transactions, including broadly syndicated TLB financings and direct lending unitranche transactions.
Erik-Jan also has particular expertise in investment grade and cross over lending, asset backed financing and other structured finance solutions. Based in Amsterdam, he has also worked in the London office.
Erik-Jan has been ranked by Legal 500 as a rising star in the Netherlands for banking and finance.
1077 AB Amsterdam
Admitted as advocaat, Netherlands, 2009
Listed in the register of legal practice areas of the Dutch Bar Association for Financieel recht
News: 01 July 2022
Allen & Overy’s leveraged finance team has advised Parcom, Opportunity Partners and other co-investors on the financing for the acquisition of Hunkemöller, one of the leading lingerie brands in…
Waterland on the financing of the acquisitions of Europarcs, Droomparken and various other holiday parks by a group of financial instiutions.
The lenders on the syndicated TLB financing of the acquisition by NPM Capital of Infinitas Learning.
Parcom on the syndicated TLB financing for Group of Butchers by a group of financial instutions.
Other noteworthy experience
- A sponsor on the dividend recap by a unitranche provider and super senior lender.
- Kartesia on the dividend recap and acquisition facility for HPI Group.
- A global financial institution as super senior lender on the financing for the acquisition by Blackstone of Desotec.
- 3i on the financing of various acquisitions in 2021.
- Waterland on the financing of various acquisitions (club deals and unitranches).
- Apollo and Ardian Private Debt on the refinancing of the equity bridge for the acquisition by Aquiline Capital Partners of Quintes Holding.
- KLM on the state supported RCF by a global financial institution, ING Bank, a multinational financial institution and 8 other banks and the subordinated state loan with the Dutch State.
- Standard Investment and Riedel on the refinancing provided by Barings and a multinational financial institution.