Camille specializes in white-collar crime, investigations and business & human rights litigation. She has broad experience in assisting both multinational enterprises and financial institutions in a variety of cross-border civil and criminal proceedings. She has developed specific expertise in complex investigations involving multiple jurisdictions. As a key member of our global Business and Human Rights practice, Camille also has particular expertise in corporate human rights responsibility and related litigation risks.
In addition to her client work, Camille is a teaching assistant in criminal law and criminal procedure law at Université Saint-Louis – Bruxelles. She is also a member of the criminal law research group GREPEC (Groupe de Recherche en matière Pénale et Criminelle) of Université Saint-Louis – Bruxelles, and regularly publishes articles in law reviews on criminal law subjects. She is a contributor to Allen & Overy’s European White Collar Crime Report and a member of the editorial team of Allen & Overy’s Business and Human Rights review.
Camille earned an LL.M. degree at the New York University School of Law (Fulbright grantee and Honorary BAEF fellow) in 2013.
Allen & Overy (Belgium) LLP
Tervurenlaan 268A avenue de Tervueren
News & insights
Publications: 13 OCTOBER 2021
As previously reported in our article of 4 May 2021, the proposed Belgian Vigilance Proposal (“Proposition de loi instaurant un devoir de vigilance et un devoir de responsabilité à charge des…Read more
Publications: 04 MAY 2021
Lawmakers push for a framework for mandatory value chain due diligence.Read more
Publications: 18 MARCH 2021
In November 2020, the right for undertakings to a basic banking service was introduced into the Belgian Code of Economic Law. The adoption of this law follows more than 17 years after the adoption of…Read more
Publications: 10 FEBRUARY 2021
Sustainability has become one of the main points of attention for governments, investors, corporates and consumers alike – all of whom increasingly demand that environmental, social and governance…Read more
- van Thuyne, G., Leroy, C., “Shaping the future: The increasing influence of human rights on business”, Allen & Overy article, 10 February 2021
- Spears, S., Leroy, C., “A first step towards EU-wide legislation on mandatory human rights due diligence”, Allen & Overy article, 29 October 2020
- Schoors, T., Eyskens, W., Leroy, C., Ulrix, E., “Hardship and Force Majeure in Times of Corona”, Allen & Overy article, 23 March 2020
- Everaert, J., Leroy, C., (2019), "L’arrêt K.S. et M.S. c. Allemagne ou la Cour européenne des droits de l’homme face au vol transfrontalier de données", in Revue de droit pénal et de criminologie, 2019/3, pp. 333 - 349
- Leroy, C., (2016), "La théorie de l’ubiquité appliquée au blanchiment", in Revue de droit pénal et de criminologie, 2016/7, pp. 820-835