Adam is a US qualified partner in the London office of Allen & Overy. He advises companies, investment banks and selling security holders on international offerings of equity and debt securities. He also advises clients on cross border mergers and acquisitions and ongoing compliance with U.S. securities regulation.
Adam has more than 20 years' experience advising clients in both developed and developing markets on complex and innovative multi-jurisdictional securities offerings. He has particular experience in capital market transactions in the industrial and manufacturing, energy and natural resources, TMT, retail, financial institutions and life sciences sectors.
Adam is recognised as a leading equity capital markets lawyer by a number of industry publications, including Chambers and Partners, Legal 500 and IFLR 1000. He is described as a "very strong US securities partner, always available and very focused on finding solutions." (Legal 500 UK 2020 (Equity Capital Markets)).
His recent experience includes advising on the:
- IPOs by Moonpig, ESG Core Investments, Allegro, JDE Peets, DWF, Quilter, DP Eurasia (Domino's Pizza Turkey), Allied Irish Bank, Emaar Development, Balta, VolkerWessels, Neinor Homes, Alfen, Árima, McCarthy & Stone, CMC Markets, Ibstock, Softcat, The Gym Group, Hastings, Spire Healthcare, Emaar Malls, Refresco Gerber, Lucas Bols, NN Group, Intertrust, bpost, Poundland and Circassia;
- Rights issues or placings and open offers by EDP, Marks & Spencer, Piraeus Bank, Hellenic Bank, Cobham, Capitec, KPN, Bank of Ireland, REN, Wereldhave and Circassia; and
- Accelerated bookbuild offerings relating to Network International, Informa, Hiscox, The Gym Group, Vodacom, Neinor Homes, Spar, Capitec, PSG, bpost, McCarthy & Stone, Spire Healthcare and NN Insurance.
Allen & Overy LLP
One Bishops Square
Admitted to the Bar, State of New York, 1998
Registered foreign lawyer, England and Wales, 2012
News & insights
News: 24 SEPTEMBER 2021
Allen & Overy has advised the Republic of Indonesia (the Republic) on its issue of EUR500 million 1.300% bonds due 2034, the first-ever eurobond by a sovereign in Asia to finance the United Nations’…Read more
Publications: 30 JULY 2021
With effect from 10 August 2021, the UK Financial Conduct Authority is implementing its Listing Rule changes and guidance for UK Special Purpose Acquisition Companies.Read more
Publications: 29 JANUARY 2021
With the EU and the UK having reached a free trade agreement which sets out a framework for the substantial agreements to be put in place to govern their future relationship and the UK having left the…Read more
Publications: 23 JANUARY 2020
2019 was a challenging year for equity capital markets. Proceeds from IPOs fell by over 25% in the UK, and by more than 30% across Europe. A number of political and economic factors, which contributed…Read more
- European IPOs. Back on track or the end of a good run? PLC Magazine, March 2015
- The European IPO market: signs of life, PLC Magazine, December 2012
- US private offerings: Solicitation and advertising on the cards, PLC Magazine, October 2012
- Pre-marketing in the EU and the US, convergence ahead? PLC Magazine, September 2010
- Anatomy of a deal: IPOs, Lawyer 2B, October 2007
- Preparing a company for an IPO, PLC Cross Border Quarterly, July - September 2007