Webinar on International trade in the 2020s: What next for London, Beijing and Brussels?
07 April 2021
On Tuesday 30 March 2021, Allen & Overy partner and co-head of the International Trade and Regulatory Law Group, Matthew Townsend chaired a panel on “International trade in the 2020s: What next for London, Beijing and Brussels?”.
He was joined by guest speakers Clare Brodie (General Counsel, Trade Remedies at the Department for International Trade) and Sam Lowe (Senior Research Fellow at the Centre for European Reform). A&O partner François Renard and senior associate Jonathan Benson also provided their perspectives on the picture in the UK, EU and APAC.
The panel discussed key themes, which included:
- The politics and economics of the EU-UK trading relationship going forward
- The UK’s free trade agreements
- The latest on the sanctions on Myanmar and in relation to China
- Trade agreements and trade relations in Asia
- The UK’s new trade remedies regime