The Register of Overseas Entities – what the real estate industry needs to know
Headlines in this article
Related news and insights
Publications: 27 October 2023
News: 28 August 2023
Publications: 07 June 2023
Publications: 25 April 2023
The Economic Crime (Transparency and Enforcement) Act 2022 requires overseas entities which own, or wish to acquire, certain real estate in the UK to register with Companies House and to provide, and keep up-to-date, information regarding their beneficial ownership.
Read our analysis of the Act from a real estate industry perspective in the briefing note below in order to find out:
- how the regime applies to real estate located in England and Wales;
- the requirements of the Act and the implications of not complying;
- how the regime is being extended by the Economic Crime and Corporate Transparency Act 2023
- how the regime affects real estate investors, lenders and third parties; and
- the steps both real estate investors and lenders should now be taking.