Podcast: Will changes to advertising rules end the UK retail crypto bubble?
23 June 2022
Part one: new Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) guidance
A flurry of initiatives are tightening rules around crypto advertising in the UK. In this two-part series, our regulatory experts, Ben Regnard-Weinrabe, Anna Lewis-Martinez and Rory Copeland explain what's happening and why it matters.
Topics covered in this podcast include:
- How cryptoassets are regulated today in the UK
- What new requirements have come into effect and what’s expected to apply in future
- Why UK authorities are expediting the extension of advertising requirements for cryptoassets
- The key features of the ASA guidance on cryptoasset advertising
- How can the ASA enforce its decisions?
- Recent proposals for a new online advertising regulator within the UK