Podcast: What’s driving Indonesia’s electric vehicle industry?
Partner, Ginting & Reksodiputro in association with Allen & Overy
Associate, Ginting & Reksodiputro in association with Allen & Overy
Senior Associate, Ginting & Reksodiputro in association with Allen & Overy
11 September 2020
This week’s episode of G&R Airtime examines Indonesia’s competitive edge in the electric vehicle industry, but also the challenges players in this sector face.
In particular, we discuss:
- Indonesia’s competitive edge vs. the global electric vehicle industry;
- The key provisions of Presidential Regulation No. 55/2019 on ‘Acceleration of Battery Electric Vehicles Program for Road Transportation’, and Government incentives that have been introduced to encourage the adoption of electric vehicles;
- Electric vehicles vs. hybrid vehicles;
- The main distribution channels for electric vehicles and the challenges these pose to players in the Indonesian market; and
- The economic developments needed to encourage continued development of this industry.
This episode is delivered in English.Download episode 17
Click here for past episodes of G&R Airtime.