Podcast: Understanding cryptocurrencies and their future in Indonesia
Headlines in this article
Related news and insights
News: 24 August 2023
Publications: 07 August 2023
News: 21 July 2023
Launched by our team in Indonesia, G&R Airtime is a fintech-focused podcast, in which lawyers from Ginting & Reksodiputro (G&R), in association with Allen & Overy, together with guest speakers, uncover the current commercial and legal fintech trends in Indonesia.
The world of cryptocurrencies can sometimes seem daunting and complex to the uninitiated. In Episode 5 of G&R Airtime, our hosts go back to basics on cryptocurrency and discuss:
- Characteristics of cryptocurrency, its risks and how this has impacted various regulations in Indonesia;
- How a typical cryptocurrency transaction plays out in practice;
- What is blockchain and how does it work in reality?
- Stable coins and whether they are a form of e-money or a cryptoasset in Indonesia; and
- How the regulators in Indonesia view cryptocurrency.