Podcast: G&R Airtime shines the spotlight on sovereign bonds and state debt
24 June 2020
This week’s episode of G&R Airtime shines the spotlight on the current state of affairs in relation to sovereign bonds and sovereign debt, with a particular focus on Indonesia.
This topic has received a lot of interest, as the Covid-19 pandemic has intensified the challenges faced by many sovereigns and their creditors. In this episode, we will discuss:
- What a sovereign bond is;
- Why governments might decide to issue sovereign bonds;
- The recent issuance by the Republic of Indonesia, including the rationale behind this in light of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic;
- The process of a typical sovereign bond issuance and what the role of legal advisers is; and
- Some of the key legal factors to consider when issuing Indonesian sovereign bonds.
This episode is delivered in Bahasa Indonesia.